Engine paint color for 1960 Studebaker Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine paint color for 1960 Studebaker Hawk

Just got the engine back a couple of days ago and was asked what the original color was for the V8 289 1960 Hawk. I am clueless in Corvallis but know that a lot of you experts are bound to have the answer.

I am planning black unless am told something else.

Thanks in advance.

Engine block silver, rocker arm covers black. All authenticity questions like that can be answered in the 1960 Hawk Feature Article in the October 1994 Turning Wheels. [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Engine block silver, rocker arm covers black. All authenticity questions like that can be answered in the 1960 Hawk Feature Article in the October 1994 Turning Wheels. [8D]BP
      Thanks Bob. I will see if I still have that issue of Turning Wheels if not I will see if it is still available for order. This is exactly the info I need.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

I was able to order two copies of that issue Bob, thank you. Can't wait to have all the scope. I even found the original sales receipt and check written when the car was purchased as well as the original set of keys.

Looking forward to getting it back on the road.

Comment

Working...
        X