She said YES........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She said YES........

Well, I started looking at Diamonds over the Christmas season(ever so secretly). I even watched a few on eBay.....then I was blown away by the Jewelery store prices(I mean I paid less for cars I could drive!). But as deals seem to fall into my lap, I got a tip from someone and went and looked at a ring. It was a great deal but about twice what I had intended on spending(not that Teresa wasnt worth it, it was just out of my budget). Then I found a buyer for my "WT", and well, the rest as they say is History.
    Teresa now wears a beautiful emerald cut 3/4 ct. near perfect diamond. To say she was blown away was an understatement!!!
    I mean I was in no hurry to get hitched, But, when you find that special someone who lets you do the things that she does, like.......not only lets you bring home rusted out wrecks BUT Rides along to get them!!!, buy her car parts for those special occasions(no kiding she got a McCulloch Supercharger as a gift!), allows you to decorate the living room like a display at the HOT ROD museum(we have signed racer pics, and hot wheels diecasts on our walls, and 2 NASCAR Slicks on our end tables!), and is willing to do anything at the track or in the garage, and I swear is just as car crazy as I am! We all know that there are not too many out there like that!!!
    I will leave out all the gushy stuff, and just say that she said YES.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Congradulations! I wish the best for both of you. Now for a little wedding humor;

Do you known what the three rings of marrage are???

1) The engagement ring

2) The wedding ring

3) The suffering! [}][)]

Good luck!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Congradulations! I wish the best for both of you. Now for a little wedding humor;

Do you known what the three rings of marrage are???

1) The engagement ring

2) The wedding ring

3) The suffering! [}][)]

Good luck!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Congratulations. Now, you know you will get some ribbing about this and some will doubt your sanity for getting married, but I will not be one of them. Next month I will be my 35th anniversary. It has been great. As a matter of fact, I will be at York on our annivesary. No, the wife will not be there, she is not into the car thing, but does not mind that I am.
        Joe Roberts
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Congratulations. Now, you know you will get some ribbing about this and some will doubt your sanity for getting married, but I will not be one of them. Next month I will be my 35th anniversary. It has been great. As a matter of fact, I will be at York on our annivesary. No, the wife will not be there, she is not into the car thing, but does not mind that I am.
          Joe Roberts
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Oscar Wilde said, "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing."

But I like being married, so congratulations!
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Oscar Wilde said, "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing."

But I like being married, so congratulations!
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts
                As a matter of fact, I will be at York on our annivesary. No, the wife will not be there, she is not into the car thing, but does not mind that I am.
                Joe Roberts
                That's probably why you're still married Joe My parents will celebrate their 60th anniversary this November.

John Clements
                Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts
                  As a matter of fact, I will be at York on our annivesary. No, the wife will not be there, she is not into the car thing, but does not mind that I am.
                  Joe Roberts
                  That's probably why you're still married Joe My parents will celebrate their 60th anniversary this November.

John Clements
                  Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                  Lockleys South Australia
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Congratulations Shawn,

Here are some other happy Studebaker couples.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Congratulations Shawn,

Here are some other happy Studebaker couples.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS,WHEN DO WE GET TO SEE PICTURES ,,??? OF HER CARS

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS,WHEN DO WE GET TO SEE PICTURES ,,??? OF HER CARS

Comment

LOL, Thanks Guys, I always said after that movie came out a few years back "4 Weddings and a Funeral" that it was 5 of the same thing......and that after being married once, I thought I had learned my lesson...........BUT, shes just plain GREAT.
                            As for the cars, she has 2 62 GT Hawks in the not started to restore and somewhat of a parts car category, and a 58 Hawk that was a 6/3spd od, soon to be a 289/auto, that we hope to have driveable by spring!
                            Her father however has a 66 Daytona he bought new, a 66 Commander, a 65 Cruiser "giveaway car" he won at the SDC show in Gettysburg? a few years back, a 64 Daytona that is actually now Teresas nephews car, a 61 Hawk project, a 55 Commander Project, a Bullet Nose, a 55 president?, and 5 larks of various years 59-63....
                            me on the other hand I have none, LOL, YET that is. I was smitten by the Studebaker bug not long after her and I met, and have been weeding out my own fleet(mostly Pontiacs) to make room(and raise funds) for just the right car!
                            Will try and get pics soon, by the way how do I post them....do they need to be uploaded to photo bucket first, or can I just upload from my computer?

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

LOL, Thanks Guys, I always said after that movie came out a few years back "4 Weddings and a Funeral" that it was 5 of the same thing......and that after being married once, I thought I had learned my lesson...........BUT, shes just plain GREAT.
                              As for the cars, she has 2 62 GT Hawks in the not started to restore and somewhat of a parts car category, and a 58 Hawk that was a 6/3spd od, soon to be a 289/auto, that we hope to have driveable by spring!
                              Her father however has a 66 Daytona he bought new, a 66 Commander, a 65 Cruiser "giveaway car" he won at the SDC show in Gettysburg? a few years back, a 64 Daytona that is actually now Teresas nephews car, a 61 Hawk project, a 55 Commander Project, a Bullet Nose, a 55 president?, and 5 larks of various years 59-63....
                              me on the other hand I have none, LOL, YET that is. I was smitten by the Studebaker bug not long after her and I met, and have been weeding out my own fleet(mostly Pontiacs) to make room(and raise funds) for just the right car!
                              Will try and get pics soon, by the way how do I post them....do they need to be uploaded to photo bucket first, or can I just upload from my computer?

Comment

Working...
                              X