My Oral Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Oral Report

Hey guys. I am doing a oral report in my Oral Communications class on Studebakers. If you guys have any information for my i need all I can get.

Try to be a little more specific.

Don Wilson
    53 Commander Hardtop
    64 Champ 1/2 ton
    Centralia, WA
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Don't spend too much time on [u]all</u> the brothers, there are too many of them, it will just confuse your audience.

Oh...and remember, the Avanti was the prettiest Studebaker ever produced.

Good luck.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Since many of us went to school before anybody had thought of a course on oral communications, you'd better be more specific. Are you doing a report on the car company? The people who started it? SDC as a club? There are links that can help you on the SDC home page:

And don't forget Wikipedia.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Somebody poked fun at me for 'licking' rubber suction cups, so don't mention that in your 'oral' report. heh-heh.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Hi Guys: This is my 14 yr. old grandson. I spent Easter giving him some of the history for his report. I am so proud of his interest in our old studes. I will ask him to give some specifics for you to answer. Thanks for your help.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Dick, get your grandson a fist full of "The Studebaker Story" brochures to hand out at the end of his oral report. The SDC had a fresh batch of 'em reprinted not too long ago and they are made available to chapters free of charge. If your chapter doesn't already have a supply, they can request them from Richard Dormois. His email is on the SDC Contacts page, http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/sdccontacts.asp

Plus, how about getting a classmate to shoot some video of his report and put it up on YouTube.com so we can all benefit from it?

BShaw, Webmaster
              webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
              Woodbury, Minnesota
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Thank you for all the input guys. I am mainly looking for the history and all about the name Studebaker... In other words if you know it i want it. lol

Comment

Michael,

Click on the "Home" page link at the top of this page.
                  On the left side of the "Home" page click on "Valuable Links".
                  Then scroll down to "Studebaker History".

You can also explore the Studebaker family history at
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hey guys I have finnaly narrowed it down to the 1964 Studebaker Daytona (v8)

Comment

Other than my 50 Champion, the 64 Daytona is my favorite among all the cars my family ever had. Good Luck!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Michael,

If you can get a copy of the March 1993 Turning Wheels it has a feature article by Fred K. Fox on the "1964 Lark-Types". (Perhaps your grandfather has a copy.)

My '64 Daytona convertible is on the front cover and there is a red one on the back cover. Fred's article has a lot of information on the '64s. (About 16 pages)

Good luck with your report.
                        JWW (John Wherry)
                        Clinton, PA

Comment

JWW; Unable to locate article. checked from 91 to 2004. Could you give me a better date. I have a complete set from 63 to present. thanks

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

http://www.studebakermotorcompany.com/history2.phtml Great Studebaker History, I really enjoy reading and learning all about the Studebakers. I'm originally from St. Joseph, Missouri and remember the Goode Studebaker motors located at 11 th and Frederick Avenue across from the city Hall. They also sold Pontiac's. Then for a while Clark's Indian & Cushman Motorcycles merged in with Goode and sold all four vehicles.

Raymond F. Pittam

Comment

Dick,

I'm sorry, I made a mistake on the Turning Wheels issue.
                              It's the FEBRUARY 1993 not the March '93. The article begins on page 6.

JWW

Comment

Working...
                              X