1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart
    Chris Dresbach

Here is one that was my dads. Dusty

flamed58.com Dusty Taylor

Dusty Taylor

Comment

One of our friends at TVA had one like this except red, and was always telling our workmates that it "ran like a Champ" or "handled like a Champ", or some sort of indicator of what it was.- - -Amazing how few people knew without an explanation, Ha!! Neat rigs, John

Comment

quote:Originally posted by j.byrd

One of our friends at TVA had one like this except red, and was always telling our workmates that it "ran like a Champ" or "handled like a Champ", or some sort of indicator of what it was.- - -Amazing how few people knew without an explanation, Ha!! Neat rigs, John
        This made me chuckle. I think part of being a Studebaker person is having a corny sense of humor! I like to tell folks that my R1 Daytona "runs like a Champ", but then I always add, "not to mean it runs like a flathead six"!

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
        '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:Originally posted by j.byrd

TVA John, is that Tennessee Valley Authority? Yeah, though well used and known, the phrase, "Runs like a Champ," pre-dates the Champ pickup. It was likely why they chose that name for the truck though, as such a phrase was common venacular for something that was stoutly constructed and completely reliable. Champ, as in Champion (like a prize fighter, not the car, sorry...), was the inferrence.

There's a Perris Valley Co. camper on the property that looks a lot like the one in your picture, Chris. Neat photo. How did you come by it?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
          X