X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie's '63 Cruiser (PICS)

Here are pics of the car I picked up...

Charlie ~ Palisade, MN

Looks like a good place to start. Enjoy it while you attend to the items that need attention. I had a terrible looking '63 Lark that was a great attention getter and conversation starter.

Comment

Very cool! I find it fascinating that the passenger's front seat has a head rest, but the driver's side does not. Were they available to be ordered separately?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome! That is a great car to start with, have fun with it!

Dylan Wills
        [IMG][/IMG]
        '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Ya ! that's a cruiser alright, I have seen more cars with just the pass side head rest than the driver or both. my 64 GT hawk has both along with the AM/FM.

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Now, THAT was quite a find![^] I love the 61-63 Cruisers! this one is just super!

Don't ya just love that C.A.S.O. fix on the left tail light? The one downside to these car's design was the position of the rear bumper. It was too close and therefore didn't adequately protect the car. Gosh, those two-tone upholstered seats were neat!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Who in their right mind would fall in love with a beat up gold 63 Cruiser?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid

Very cool! I find it fascinating that the passenger's front seat has a head rest, but the driver's side does not. Were they available to be ordered separately?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County
                Yes, Clark; front seat headrests were available separately. In fact, you had to order them separately, even if you wanted both of them!

And it's amazing how often they were ordered for just one side, like the subject car.

They were $11.50 per side; not available with bucket seats. [8D]BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I always liked the white vinyl inserts on '63 Daytona and Cruiser all-vinyl seats. I know two-tone interiors were beginning to be 'passe'' by then, but...I wish my Daytona had the white inserts.

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
                  '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Charlie, you got a great find there! Not only the top of the line, but well optioned too! Are the floor mats original Studebaker mats too? They look like they fit so well.

60 Lark convertible
                    61 Champ
                    62 Daytona convertible
                    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2)
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

what's that inline heater hose splitter all about...? An under-the-seat heater ???

Comment

Hey, it needs a left back up light lens, just like mine!

Jamie McLeod
                        Hope Mills, NC
                        Jamie McLeod
                        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                        1958 Commander "Christine"
                        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                        1955 Commander Sedan
                        1964 Champ
                        1960 Lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                          They were .... not available with bucket seats. [8D]BP
                          Nor in Canada...at least officially.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! unfortunatly, I don't have time,$,or garage space for this one either. I already had a 61 chev brookwood stationwagon in about the same condition. I only brought the cruiser home because i couldnt stand the thought of it being cut up for scrap. i found some neat stuff in the glove box. a pamphlet that says Girl meets Lark, a letter from the studebaker company to the dealer that sold it originally, and the manual for the radio. it doesn't have the optional disc brakes.
                            any tips on selling this car?

Charlie ~ Palisade, MN

Comment

That's a VERY nice find- pretty well optioned and looks solid. It should be hard to get running with a little care.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X