Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1950 bulletnose grille panel Champion/Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 bulletnose grille panel Champion/Commander?

Hello all, I hear the 1950/51Champion version of the grille panel/nose panel is different from Commanders/or maybe even Landcruisers? IF so in what way? I thought the front was same for each yr. Please help, Will a 1950 Commander or Champion panel fit either?
    RANDALL

RANDALL BELSHAW

A '50 Champion grill panel should fit '51 Champion and Commander/Land Cruiser, vice verse.

The '50 Commander/Land Cruiser is unique. Its' front end, from the cowl forward, is considerably longer than any other model.

Differ in what way, they wont' fit, they are at a different angle of attack.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Thank you, wow, who would think! ha Is the Commander and Landcruiser a better "slope down" in teh front or? why? Or stick witht he Champion front sheetmetal?

RANDALL BELSHAW

Comment

Mine is a rust free, well a quarter size hole in trunk gutter is all anywhere, car is apart only have body, sheetmetal, no rolling chassis. floor scraped clean, and perfect. it is a 1951 Business coupe, I liek the 1950 grille and bullet best of teh 2 yrs

RANDALL BELSHAW

Comment

You are 3.5 hours away from me. I own a 1951 Business Coupe and have many 1950 champion and commander cars and part. If you need any help, let me know. I do have a rolling chasis for your car. Also, I have many parts which include the back windows. Let me know You may call me at home: Roy 530-644-7644

Comment

Randall,
            You obviously got a "500 Error" when you submitted your post. You can go back and delete the duplicate posts (We've gotten used to that.[)])

Your '50 center nose should bolt right in to the '51 grill panel. Fitting the '50 grills and "eyebrows" will require just a little fabrication.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have a nice 50 grille panel to put it all toghether and all. Just wanted to know for future needs what actually fit te 50 and 51 Champion.

RANDALL BELSHAW

Comment

If you have a 1951, you can not fit 1950 front fenders. That would create more work if you really want to use 1950 Champion fender. You can use the door,and rear fenders from a 1950 and use on your 1951. You can use starlight 1950 rear deck lid but you would have to use the 1950 trunk handle. Trunk handle Hole patterns for rear 1950 deck lid diff. from a 1951.

Comment

Working...
                X