remove windshield wipers from 63 avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove windshield wipers from 63 avanti

The title says it all. How do I remove the wipers?

John
    63 R2 Avanti
    Northport, NY

Just the rubber? The blades that hold the rubber or the arms that hold everything and attach near the body?

No good reason to remove the arms unless you are replacing them. The blades have a little tang under the arm where they attach. You push down on that while lifting the blade a bit to free it from the little nipple on the arm. The rubbers come out by squeezing the metal end clip and sliding them out of the blade or if you have an ANCO style replacement there will be a black button to push to open the blade.

ERnieR

1988 "Beater" Avanti---R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rickburgen

The title says it all. How do I remove the wipers?

John
      63 R2 Avanti
      Northport, NY
      The wiper blades pry off the splines, be careful with the paint or use a wiper removal tool.

JDP Maryland
      Disclaimer:
      None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I use a wide blade screwdriver covered with a fine cloth.... and be careful ! ! !

sals54
        sals54

Comment

A Sears "Craftsman" seal puller pops the arm of the spline really easily. Pad the paint with a thick piece of cardboard and make sure that you don't place the hook under the spline.

Comment

Working...
          X