63GT Gas Gauge-where to find one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63GT Gas Gauge-where to find one?

The gage shows past full all the time except after ignition turned off. Have installed a new sender unit-no help. Took the gage out and put on the bench and jury rigged 12 volts through another sender unit. Change resistance and gage after a minute came up to half full mark and then snapped to past full. IIRC these gages use two magnectic coils wired such that the gage needle won't slam. I think one coil goes south after heating a few seconds. The SI catalog doesn't list one for 63 Hawk. I need to find a source or maybe one of you guys know where I can get it repaired as last resort. I double checked grounds .Thanks for the help.
    ...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
    1963 Hawk GT
    Santa Barbara
    CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Thanks R2GTHAWk and GTtim. I have emailed KG works to see if they till have the gauge, If they do not,
    I'll Check out Bob's Speedometer. R2GTHAWK do you remember what the tutnaround time was on your
    repairs? One place, Instument services, quoted 8 weeks. Guess they are REALLY busy.
    Thank you both again, much appreciated.
    Dick Curtis
    The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Comment

To have your gauge repaired, I would try Bob's Speedometer Service in
      Howell, Michigan. The phone number is 800-592-9673. I had some gauges for my 1963 GT Hawk restored there and they do really nice work.
      Good luck with your fuel gauge.

Comment

I see them occasionally at swap meets and on Ebay. If you want one in a hurry, I would check with Myer Studebaker or Stephen Allen. Also, I see there is one listed here at KG Works: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/kg.works...rumentpage.htm

Tim K.
        '64 R2 GT Hawk
        Tim K.
        \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
        X