Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels For 'Sheba

//////////////////////
    Last edited by Studedude; 12-16-2010, 06:40 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

You have a great looking car why listen to or ask anybody about it. IMO you got it going on with your car. By the way I'ed realy like to see more of that door detail handles etc.

Comment

That Iowa cornfield background has served you well Dave
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I love the Tork Thrusts, just as you do.

JDP Maryland
        Disclaimer:
        None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey Dave you can get the Halibrand 5 spokes (look sort of like AR Torque Thrust) and add a knock off style spinner versus a center cap.

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I prefer the current look. The dark wheels are a balance to the dark glass. That is the only presentation, so far, that doesn't draw the attention away from the lines of the car.
            LP
            sigpic
            Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Suggested by Steve T:

My opinion: BEAUTIFUL! Uh... isn't that just what everybody does?

Umm, how about you paint those spokes in the same color red as the car. Or better yet, apply a woodgrain finish to the spokes! You'd be starting a new wood spoke wheel trend! It would then be unique, right? If all else fails, go back to factory wheelcovers.

Wild Red Hawks admiring their reflections.
              In the middle of Minnestudea
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Stock Studebaker Speedster wires would look nice I always liked the 55 look. PS, Great looking car Studedude

Comment

Hope you don't mind me touching 'Sheba (I was a perfect gentleman), but I really like the new Weld Pro Stars on her.[8D]

Skinny
                  Watertown, SD
                  Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

I wasn't so nice to her, I put lipstick, rouge, and oiled her down. Rubbed her body all over.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I really like the look of your current wheels best. If you have to change, how about raised white letter tires?
                      BTW, what happened to your vent wings?

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Here's what you need.....
                        Sheba would love the 22x9.5's...
                        I am only here to help ya' out
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

As mentioned in another thread, we are considering a new look for 'Sheba.
                        <snip>

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                        Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I personally like the Torque Thrust wheels, but I would have the spokes darker for this car. You would have the same kind of balance you have now only with a different look.
                          IMHO Stay away from the hoops and rubber bands. They don't look right on these older cars.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                          1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I've always been partial to the Torq Thrust w/raised white letters.

Comment

Torque Thrusts are sooooooo played out its not funny. I think your
                              best off sticking with what you have, unless you want to go up a size
                              or two for better options in performance tires (I assume the current
                              wheels are 15").

I honestly wouldnt change it - looks great.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                              X