Viscous fan experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viscous fan experience?

I have spent $150 in the last four years on viscous fan drives and have discovered the last one I bought at the 2009 York meet is now leaking - I do not want to spend another $70+ to have another leaking again a year later.

Has anyone had any experience with this particular fan?

It was recommended on another post and I am curious of people's experiences.

Thanks ahead.

<center>60S-W4 - 7E7-122
    </center>

I've had seapage on working fan clutches. If it still does what it's supposed to it may not need to be replaced.

ErnieR

1988 "Beater" Avanti---R5388 @ Macungie 2006

Comment

Hate to sound stupid, but is your fan out of wack? An unbalanced fan could cause problems. If the unit is not seated properly over it nub on the end of the water pump, that would cause a problem. Got a pic of your setup?

Note that the fan clutch does not sit properly over the spacer. Had to have it machined to fit properly. That was 2 years ago. No problems since.

Comment

Chuck,

Here is a photo of the setup - but you cannot really see where the fan and hub are joined.

The pump has been on the engine for about 15 years and has never given any troubles. Maybe after a new fan clutch is bought and machined I will check that out before I put anything on.

<center>60S-W4 - 7E7-122
        </center>

Comment

Working...
        X