Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the Archives #54 (1938-40 K-10 Camera Car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archives #54 (1938-40 K-10 Camera Car)

This is the panel version of Studebaker's K-10 Fast Transport. While there are 8-10 survivors of the express versions (with pick-up box) there are, unfortunately, none with this body. The truck was rated a one ton capacity and had a 130" wheelbase. The engine was the 226 cubic inch, 79 horsepower Commander. With the standard 4.63 rear end (5.14 optional) gearing this truck was anything but "fast!"

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Interesting to consider how much time was spent doing such a nice job hand-painting those graphics. Today, 'most anyone who could operate the appropriate computer and printer could spit out those graphics in 10-15 minutes and roll them onto the vehicle in less than an hour! [:0] Times change.. [8D]BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That's a neat looking truck. I can't get over how sharp the photo is.
      Thanks Richard. You've done it again.
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Long Island Studebaker Club
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Wheres the camera ?

Comment

I'm thinking the camera gets carried to the roof when they're covering a news event. I've seen it done in old movies and newsreels.

Comment

He has that picture, too, Maynard. I own copies of both hanging up by my desk at work. Very cool shots.
            I used to get a new "camera car" every two years. Don't get me started.

Comment

Another great picture from the archives of the one and only Richard Quinn. Thanks for another little piece of history Richard.
              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
              X