PDA

View Full Version : Official Logo for 2010

mbstude
03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks to SDCer Rick Courtier of Graphics Workshop, we now have a new logo for the 2010 IDYSD. This has been in the making for a few months and just completed today. The "theme" is centered around the 2010 International meet in Glendale, AZ.

Great job Rick! [8D]

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk179/1959S2D/desert5.jpg

Please note that this logo is copyrighted by the SDC and used only with permission.

Lothar
03-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Good concept! I really like the tire track postmark.

1950 Champion
W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
Holdrege NE

Bullet
03-26-2010, 05:22 PM
I can see the T-shirt already.....

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/mwarmann/scan0019-1.jpg

BShaw
03-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Looks good. I have updated the DYSD page and my "welcome" post in this forum.

BShaw, Webmaster
webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
Woodbury, Minnesota

Gary1953
03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I like that a lot.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/gsandes50/116-1-1-1.jpg
Gary Sanders
Nixa, MO
President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

SlotBaker
04-04-2010, 05:56 PM
quote:Please note that this logo is copyrighted by the SDC and used only with permission.
Looks good.
Can we gain permission here to use it, or where else do we need to go?

We would just have it on our SCCNSW website home page to promote the day.

Thanks,
:)

mbstude
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I see no problem with putting this logo on a Studebaker website to promote IDYSD. Go for it. [8D]

SlotBaker
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Cool, thanks.
http://studebakercarclubnsw.com/

Steve K
1963 Lark Cruiser
SCCNSW, Australia.

StudeRich
04-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Having a different logo each year relating to the International Meet, will make it difficult to use the logo for advertising the event because you will need to change everything each year, since it is to be an annual event.

StudeRich

JRoberts
04-23-2010, 07:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bullet

I can see the T-shirt already.....

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/mwarmann/scan0019-1.jpg

Are t-shirts available with the new logo?

Joe Roberts
'61 R1 Champ
'65 Cruiser
Editor of "The Down Easterner"
Eastern North Carolina Chapter

mbstude
04-30-2010, 06:00 PM
For shirts, check with BondoBilly.

dmayne51
05-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Are These going to be available on a t shirt at glendale?

mbstude
05-11-2010, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by dmayne51

Are These going to be available on a t shirt at glendale?

Last I heard, BondoBilly will not be in Glendale.

bondobilly
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by SlotBaker

quote:Please note that this logo is copyrighted by the SDC and used only with permission.
Looks good.
Can we gain permission here to use it, or where else do we need to go?

We would just have it on our SCCNSW website home page to promote the day.

Thanks,

Right now that is under discussion. The issue is that the SDC put up the money and we sold last years shirt through the SDC store. We would like to expand the use of the logo, but we have to determine if the SDC is going to allow others to offer commercial items.

I see nothing wrong with using it on a web page, but am concerned that there will be those who will use it commercially. I am waiting for an offical ruling from the Board as to who can use it, and how. I believe there has been a change to the postal cancel part of the design, so before anything is done I would wait as what you see might not be what you get.

Bill G.

JRoberts
06-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Has there been any progress in getting IDYSD shirts with the new logo? I certainly would like to have one and I know some other folks that would also like one. I know what Bondo said about the logo being "owned" by the SDC, but I don't understand why they can't give permission to use it on an "official" t-shirt.

bondobilly
06-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Has there been any progress in getting IDYSD shirts with the new logo? I certainly would like to have one and I know some other folks that would also like one. I know what Bondo said about the logo being "owned" by the SDC, but I don't understand why they can't give permission to use it on an "official" t-shirt.

They have issued permission to produce an official t-shirt. It will be sold through the SDC Club Store, or possibly another outlet. There is no reason Chapters could not sell them as a "money maker", but last years' sales were not what one thinks it was.

Since the SDC invested in the artwork, and will need to invest in inventory it only makes sense that they make a few bucks from the sale. I see no reason why they could not offer other outlets to sell them but it would cut down on profit margin.

Last year's sales were good for something new, but not what one would expect or hope for from a club that has 12,000 members.

It is also a shirt that cannot be made ahead of time as whoever sells it or is responsible for it's profitability will get caught with a over run.

You could have Chapters selling them, the SDC Store and the SNM, but at some point all three will basically think they can move the exact same amount and at the end there either will be a fire sale or large aupply of wash rags.

Our selling them thru and for the SDC Store allowed us to make each shirt as it was ordered. That shirt could not have been forecasted in anyway or with a Weegee board. For example: That design was made for a "dated event". It celebrated a specific date and event, sort of a uniform for a particular day. Most dated event shirts unless rock concerts or large car shows, boat shows etc. get worn as trophies. I believe, or it feels like it to me that we sold more of them AFTER the date than before the event.

That is one reason why offering more than one vendor might not work. Example, Tuesday afternoon, 1:30, guy calls looking for one. I say okay will make it for you and ship tomorrow. I print up his shirt, pack it, run his plastic, and an hour later he calls back, I found a guy who had one instock and I am picking it up later. Cancel my order.

As I said sales were not what you would have expected. Had we produced them in quantity that one would forecast for a National, you would not come close to moving most that you had made. Last week on E-bay somebody was selling the "over-run" of the Omaha show shirts.

You also need to determine the method of decorating. Last year's shirt could not have been screen printed as it contained photographic elements. I should clarify that. Anything that has a photographic element needs to be screeen printed using a four color process. Not cheap by any means and 98% of printers will not run a CMYK job unless they get an order of 144 to 288 pcs. The choice of printing method needs to be determined, dye sublimation, which makes a beautiful garment but the list price would have been about $19.95 to $22.95, or DTG, Direct To Garment. Looks great at time of sale and one or two washing later the image has faded, or the CMYK screen print method as I mentioned.

You can e-mail the powers that be and suggest that more than one vendor sell the shirt but make sure that your forecast or idea of what you can move is realistic.

Any method that gets more shirts out to the members works for me.

Bill G.

avantilover
06-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Why not just set a closing date and see what interest you'd get. Dye Sublimation seems the way to go, no point getting a shirt that quickly fades. Hope they sell well.

Orestudeguy
06-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Great looking logo. I'd like to use it in the newsletter I print for our local chapter.
Who do I contact for permission?
George King
Studebakers of Southern Oregon

rockne10
06-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I would think Larry Swanson.