Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The M-29 Weasel

Hi all!

1947/48 and 49 I was station in Fairbanks ,Alaska.
    I was in the 10Th Air Sea Rescue Sqdn (Ground Rescue)
    One of my dutys was Driving the M-28 and M-29
    weasel on rescue missions . I drove the weasel in Mud,Snow, water
    in floods, on ice and in the streams and lakes .

I could tell some long storys about me and my WEASEL .

Yore

Sounds interesting! We'd sure read whatever you write

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sounds interesting! We'd sure read whatever you write

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yore,

Welcome to our little corner of sanity.

First of all, let me thank you for your service in our military. It is a nobility many of us have not achieved and without which many of our taken for granted liberties would be scarce.
        quote:I could tell some long storys about me and my WEASEL .
        Now, you can't stop there!!!
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yore,

Welcome to our little corner of sanity.

First of all, let me thank you for your service in our military. It is a nobility many of us have not achieved and without which many of our taken for granted liberties would be scarce.
          quote:I could tell some long storys about me and my WEASEL .
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If this a Joke I don't think that it is funny !!

If it is NOT a joke that is your problem .

Comment

If this a Joke I don't think that it is funny !!

If it is NOT a joke that is your problem .

Comment

It's not a joke, He's asking you to tell us some of your experiences with the M28-9s.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars.jpg[/img=left]
                Tom Bredehoft
                '53 Commander Coupe
                '60 Lark VI
                '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

It's not a joke, He's asking you to tell us some of your experiences with the M28-9s.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars.jpg[/img=left]
                  Tom Bredehoft
                  '53 Commander Coupe
                  '60 Lark VI
                  '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                  All three Indiana built OD cars

Comment

Yes indeed, Yore. Please do take the time to tell us of your Weasel adventures. As an owner of an operable Weasel, I'll be very interested. And if you can find your way to my place some time, you can take it for a spin.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Yes indeed, Yore. Please do take the time to tell us of your Weasel adventures. As an owner of an operable Weasel, I'll be very interested. And if you can find your way to my place some time, you can take it for a spin.

Comment

And here's one on e-bay, "ready for restoration." Note: NO TRACKS!

javascript:dl('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M29-Studebaker-Weasel-Hull-shifter-linkages_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQihZ006QQitemZ160086088052QQrdZ1');
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

javascript:dl('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/M29-Studebaker-Weasel-Hull-shifter-linkages_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10076QQihZ006QQitemZ160086088052QQrdZ1');
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by BobPalma

And no engine, no floors?, no transmission, no windshield, no final drive unit. Might be worth the opener as parts to make a rusty wreck good, but it'd be a sad choice to try to restore.

Restorable Weasels aren't all that hard to find; and it looks like repop tracks may soon be available, at a price[:0]

Anyone with an interest in Weasels should bookmark this site:www.M29cWeasel.org/

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by BobPalma

And no engine, no floors?, no transmission, no windshield, no final drive unit. Might be worth the opener as parts to make a rusty wreck good, but it'd be a sad choice to try to restore.

Restorable Weasels aren't all that hard to find; and it looks like repop tracks may soon be available, at a price[:0]

Anyone with an interest in Weasels should bookmark this site:www.M29cWeasel.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X