X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling "sals54"

You have a more reliable email address? I am sending them out, but I
    guess you arent getting them - since I'm not hearing back. I see you
    are posting here on SDC regularly, so your computer is working.

Please advise. I seem to remember you having an AOL email also? I'd
    like to do this deal on the '60 Hawk we have been discussing, but the
    time is short as you know. I have not put it on Craigslist per your
    last email, but I fear this will leave me in a bind if you back out.

Thanks!

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Bump to the top.
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Sal has been posting here right along. I'm sure he's not ditching you. Got to be some kind of mixup?

Maybe JDP is working him too hard! I know you're on the hot seat with your Hawk. Poulos, put the whip down for a minute!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Sal has been posting here right along. I'm sure he's not ditching you. Got to be some kind of mixup?
        I am just curious as to what information that you received that would allow you to comment on the inner workings of a private transaction on the other side of the continent? If you have telepathic skills, I would certainly appreciate some help on tonight's lottery numbers.....

Comment

Got' em, but they're for my use only. I'm using the winnings to fund study of the effects of rusting Larks on local water quality.

My post is what is known as a 'bump', for the benefit of both fellow Stude people. Yours worked the same, except you exposed my telepathic skills, which I had intended to use for good, not evil. Now I'm not so sure....

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks guys, Sal was just busy, he got in touch with me, I will call
            him when I get home later tonight. Hopefully, JDP will give him this
            evening off.

Tom

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Collection Doctor

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I am just curious as to what information that you received that would allow you to comment on the inner workings of a private transaction on the other side of the continent? If you have telepathic skills, I would certainly appreciate some help on tonight's lottery numbers.....
              OOOOOhhh, me too, me too (waves hand vigourously overhead)! I wanna know what the winning numbers are too (LOL)![)]

Sorry, Bob. Just couldn't help it.[}] But you were quite right, Sal is one busy fellow.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Emails must still be going to la la land ...

I tried to call Weds night, but your message picked up and I left a
                message I would call back. It is pointless to leave you my number I
                think since I am on the road so much. My wife set the phone up as a
                restricted line, so perhaps thats why you didnt pick up. I sent an
                email asking you to just reply with what parts you have that I want,
                (out of the "want" list I provided), after you digested the items we
                (My buddy Gary and I) have to trade. Perhaps I should just post them
                on the forum, it seems the most reliable way to contact you?

Thursday I had to much to do in the window between the time I get to
                my house after the commute, and 9pm (I feel its rude to call after).
                Friday I wasnt home until 12 am. The weekend was crazy. Here its now
                Monday. I will try calling you again tonight, say around 7pm.

Tom

Comment

Tom, I told you that you can call as late as 11 PM. Its not a problem. I do have to work for a living too. I tried to keep this sort of banter off the forum, but if you must make it public, lets rock n roll. Your emails are cryptic as to what you want or what parts are yours and which parts are your friends. Its quite confusing. Thats why I wanted to talk to you on the phone. If your schedule is so packed that you can't even make a phone call to me more than once, then I don't see how we can even do business together. You make it sound as though I'm just doggin you for no apparent reason, when if fact I'm trying to figure out just what it is that you want to do to make a deal. Perhaps it would be best for you to find someone else to work a deal with as this "relationship" is already damaged. If you already feel this amount of mistrust, then lets just call it quits now.

sals54
                  sals54

Comment

Not sure why the sudden attack Sal, I can not call from work, you did
                    not list a time in your email, and I have always used 9pm as a cut off.
                    I sent an email to you and it gets no reply, but you reply on the forum
                    so I posted it here. I am sorry you took that as a public attack, it
                    was simply the best way I have found to contact you - your quick reply
                    shows that it is fact.

You did say "late" but not a specific time, now I know, but I guess it
                    is too late, and perhaps so for the car as well, since I wasted all of
                    this time prior to your asking me to call - which I did last week.

I'm sorry you were confused, I never got an email back saying so, this
                    is the first I heard. The list from my friend was WAY too long to be
                    transfered over the phone, my WANT list being only 10 items. My friends
                    list seemed to be a clearly separated list, but then I know the list,
                    so it could be confusing to someone else, I am sorry about that.

I think I sent about 10 to 15 emails to you over the last few weeks, I
                    received only a couple back, I also wanted to keep this off the forum.
                    When I dont get any replies, what am I to do?

Tom

Comment

Tom, I was not trying to attack, and I'm sorry if it sounded aggressive. It seemed to me that this was more of a personal deal and the forum was not the place to hash it out. Many of your emails looked to me to be duplicates, so I did not think you had sent each of them individually. Perhaps you did. Again, I apologize. As far as the deal goes, lets just leave it alone and let bygones be bygones. I hope you find a buyer for your car, and that the miscommunication we had will no longer spill over here. No hard feelings on my end and I hope its the same for you, OK?

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

Working...
                      X