PDA

View Full Version : Avanti II

MCCAB1
03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
I am hoping to find a member near Chicago to look at this Avanti II listed on Craigslist for me! sale-agmhh-1654788106@craigslist.org
Thanks. Bruce

Gunslinger
03-21-2010, 10:22 PM
That's the email contact for the seller, not the link to the page itself.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

billmdonn
03-21-2010, 11:09 PM
This must be the car

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1654788106.html

Avantidon
03-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Message sent to you

avanti76
03-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Greetings to all, I drove out 40 miles to have a look at this car. The car is a 1969 and is complete and has several major issues. Hog troughs are shot they are total rust outs. the rear frame cross member is shot too. The paint is shot and would need to be stripped or sanded down. A plus the fiberglass appears to be free of cracks the doors sag. The front windshield is cracked. It has magnum 500 that are in decent shape. Has original frankfort radio and the moonroof is missing it seals and it was open about an inch. I wasn't able to hear the car run as the carb would need to be installed as well as the fuel pump. One plus is the interior was in really nice shape light tan in color but the carpet is shot. The tires have good tred but are 11 + years old. This car is a $2,500 parts car unless you have a good frame to drop it on. Feel free to e-mail me for more information.

N8N
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
if the only frame rust is the rearmost x-member that is not a deal killer. hog troughs might be. or is the frame itself also rusty? (not personally interested, just curious)

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

avanti76
03-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Space was tight, as best I could see laying on my back the hog troughs were trashed completely rotted out. tube crossmember at rear of frame was shot I think if I grabed it and pulled hard I could have pulled it loose from the main frame. Couldn't get a real good look at the rest of the frame but the frame rails along the troughs had alot of surface rust. I forgot to mention the bumpers they are complete but have surface rust. Both doors sagged but the hinges seemed tight.

Gunslinger
03-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Not that it really matters, but that car can't be a '69. The steering column and wheel are '71 introduction. It has the cowcatcher front bumper which began in '73, and the sunroof began about the same time. It has the high back bucket seats (1970 introduction) and the pull straps on the door panels (also 1970 introduction). The title and registration must be incorrect or bogus if it's being represented as a '69.

On the plus side...it has good Magnum 500 wheels and decent seats...if someone believes those alone are worth $2500 or a negotiated price, go for it.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

avanti76
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Didn't see the title just going on what the seller said that the car was titled in 1969. I forgot to check the door jam to see the RQB # that would clearup what year the car is. The car is pertty rough, and I have limited garage space so I passed on it didn't even want to make a offer