sun. retrobaker (revised)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun. retrobaker (revised)

A Lark to go to the Sunday drags with. Stance does not suggest a tube axle with leaf springs...what a surprise. For the time it was built this car must have been an extemely clean build, the rear tires fit within the fenders, the interior is stark but clean, the wheels match...not like the doorslammers I remember as a kid. Also check out the four tube headers, the siamesed exhaust ports were split. Great name, very cool car, wonder what ever happened to it, anyone know? Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Greg this brings back memories. At 13 years old this was by first issue of any car magazine and to open and see this Lark was Studependous

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Tom, this was in Hot Rod, and my parent's bought me a subscription to the magazine so I would read SOMETHING, and I too was 13 in 1973...still have the subscription, still love cars,still read. Pretty cool huh?...and to top it off, just purchased mags for my Stude today that I have been dreaming of since I built a 1/25 scale model of my car in 1973. To put it lightly...I am so stoked...can't wait to get new rubber for the wheels. May have to get narrower size for the rears as I might have gone overboard with the width and offset. Can't wait to get my car on the street...early spring here, most of the snow is gone. Will post when I get it all sorted out. Junior.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
      X