T10 rebuild kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T10 rebuild kit

Anyone know where to find a T10 4 speed seal kit, or rebuild kit? I have not gone to my local auto parts, I thought I'd ask the experts first!!
    [8D]Thanks,
    Bruce Newell

quote:Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE

Anyone know where to find a T10 4 speed seal kit, or rebuild kit? I have not gone to my local auto parts, I thought I'd ask the experts first!!
    [8D]Thanks,
    Bruce Newell
    Just search ebay for T 10 rebuild kit.

JDP Maryland
    Disclaimer:
    None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Just asking, what symptoms is your displaying which indicates the need for a rebuild?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

It pops out of 2nd gear, and it also leaks at most seals. The 2nd gear thing is no big deal, but I need to re-seal it for sure.

Comment

Make sure you get parts for a T-10 and not a super T-10, most parts are available.

Bill Foy
          Kingston, Ontario
          1964 Wagonaire Slider
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

leaking is part of a 50 year old car.....jumping out of 2nd gear may be a replacement engine that was not dialed to the bellhousing, or the opposite.....Had a 63' GT Hawk that behaved the same way. It was my 1st engine swap (74') and I didn't know any better.

Comment

If you bust the midship plate when tearing it down, I have a replacement.

The 2nd gear will need to be replaced to stop it from jumping out. They are still available.

Here is one source: http://www.kajunjon.com/rebuild_kits.htm

========================
              63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
              Martinez, CA

Comment

Working...
              X