PDA

View Full Version : It didn't make reserve AGAIN.

raoul5788
03-20-2010, 10:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230447923644&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

This wagon must have been on eBay four or five times and hasn't made reserve yet. You would think the guy might get it that the car isn't worth what he thinks it is.

Chip
'63 Cruiser
'57 Packard wagon
'61 Lark Regal 4 Dr Wagon

JDP
03-20-2010, 10:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230447923644&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

This wagon must have been on eBay four or five times and hasn't made reserve yet. You would think the guy might get it that the car isn't worth what he thinks it is.

Chip
'63 Cruiser
'57 Packard wagon
'61 Lark Regal 4 Dr Wagon

Decent car, but the front fender rust kept me from bidding.

JDP Maryland
Disclaimer:
None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.

Brandon
03-20-2010, 11:02 PM
It isn't in bad shape but it is a 4 door wagon.

StudeDave57
03-20-2010, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

This wagon must have been on eBay four or five times and hasn't made reserve yet. You would think the guy might get it that the car isn't worth what he thinks it is. Chip
Oh-- it's been up more then 'four or five times' trust me. The prior owner listed it that many times before this dealer got his hands on it. Since then it seems to pop right back up after every 'no sale' listing. [:0] [B)] eBay has made some cash off this car!!!
They must be writing off those fees somehow... ;)

I think it oughta be worth between five and six grand- am I wrong [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
'57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

StudeDave57
03-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I went back through my eBay saves, and it looks like it's been on the market since sometime in 2007. I stopped keeping track late last year. At some point I'm thinking I may just have to them make an offer!!! I have a set (or two) of those fenders, and a need for a cool driver~ why not, right??? [:0] :D [:o)]
(it'd be the last '57 wagon model we don't have here, too...)

StudeDave '57 [8D]

go-studebaker
03-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Hi guys,
that is a really good car for 1957 and the minor rust only add to the fact it is an honest car.

Chances are the guy has a lot of money in it and does not want to take a loss.

It is well worth the money it settled at but I dont know how much more even I would want to pay, as it probably needs a decent service to cover all the bases to make it relaible for the next 20 years

Greg

Greg Diffen
Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
1961 Hawk
1963 Daytona Hardtop
1988 Avanti Convertible

JDP
03-21-2010, 10:43 AM
In fairness to the dealer, he may not be familiar with the Studebaker market on ebay as opposed to his showroom sales. Perhaps he's sold a Chevy wagon in similar shape in the past for big money, and thought he'd get the same or more from the rarer Studebaker.
As to his ebay fees, he can relist it free as many times as he likes if he's a volume dealer. Once he's sold four cars in a year, he can list without a listing fee, and only pays if it sells, so he can keep trying to get his showroom price.

JDP Maryland
Disclaimer:
None of the discussions of my Studebakers are a invitation to buy nor a promotion to sell, I'm just sharing the hobby the way I practice it.

jackb
03-21-2010, 11:07 AM
2007......?? missed it by 1, maybe 2 years. What I see out there is Studes and other cars/trucks selling for around 50% what they sold for in 05-06'...Oh. I know there are exceptions out there yo...got one here in the garage...