sat. retrobaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sat. retrobaker

The way I see it, there is no Studebaker that looks more at home on the B'ville salt flats then a 53/54 coupe. They looked fast stock, looked even faster modified. The color photo is a sample section I took out of a much larger photo showing cars lined-up at the start line, I was amazed at how many c/k's there were. The photo of the car jacked-up is one I really like, don't know what it is about the photo, I guess it just has so much character and really captures the essence and innocence of racing in a much simpler time. Given the choice, I'll take #201 out for a run...wow, 210mph in 1959 in what appears to be a very stock bodied car is crazy. I would imagine that's a 392 hemi under the hood. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Really like that #158[]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks Greg have really enjoyed the Retrobaker postings.
      Keep up the great pics.

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Bruce Geisler's #219 Studebaker has probably set more speed records on the salt (and dirt) than any Studebaker extant. By the way, the car's nickname is the "Hanky Panky Special".

Chris Pile
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Bruce is a wonderful guy too! If need to know anything about Bonniville. He is your man.
          Good Roads
          Brian

Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

My only trip to Bonneville for Speed Week was in 2003. I saw #219 as it went through inspection. I was amazed at the number of inspection stickers on that car. It has run at Bonneville and the dry lakes so often that the stickers came close to covering the front windshield. The crew even during inspection was more than willing to answer questions and be more than hospitable. Indeed an LSR legend.

Thanks for these cool pictures.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...