1962 GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 GT Hawk

My first Stude, a 62 Hawk 4 speed barn find, comes down on the flat bed next month.
    Got a set of Cragar SS 15x7 wheels over the weekend still in the box from 1980. Only problem, i don't know the lug nut size in order to purchase the long Cragar lug nuts.
    What is the thread of the 1962 Hawk?

Thanks
    sigpic 62 Hawk - Wisconsin barn find

I'm not sure which question you are asking.

What is the thread diameter and pitch of the lug screws?

What is the distance across the flats of the nut.

First question, 1/2 20

Second Question 3/4"

[edit] correct typo

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

Sounds like a good start. Post some pictures when it arrives.

Comment

Thanks - its my first Stude, so a steep learning curve!

the young guys at the the wheel shop looked at me and said "Whats a Sutdebaker?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by santa

My first Stude, a 62 Hawk 4 speed barn find, comes down on the flat bed next month.
          Got a set of Cragar SS 15x7 wheels over the weekend still in the box from 1980. Only problem, i don't know the lug nut size in order to purchase the long Cragar lug nuts.
          What is the thread of the 1962 Hawk?

Thanks
          Are you sure Cragar's should be the first thing you buy for a barn find ? I say that because I've bought many a project cars where the owner bought new wheels and tires for example, and ran out of steam.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

The Cragars were a gift - been sitting in the box for about 30 years in fried's basement.
            The car needs tires anyway and the skinny wheels are scarey, so no big deal. Built cars before - engine swaps, body stripping etc. Never built a Stude. I like this long, low car. Its got a certain Euro styling appeal.

I appreciate what I am getting into - and can hardly wait to get it onto the road. About to order the disc brake conversion - which will be the subject of my next post.

Comment

Very nice- one of my favorites! Please share some pictures if you can[8D]

As you work through the process of bringing it back into shape, we are here to help. Fire away with questions- our goal is to see the car back among the living![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
              X