Hows about a pair of Weasels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows about a pair of Weasels

I just bought these weasels. These were in the ad posted here a few days ago. I can't believe nobody inquired about them. Oh well it was good for this guy. Both are 95% complete. There is a set of pontoons and a hard canopy. I got another smokin deal. I basicly have to haul a truck from OH for him to Phoenix and a little cash for them, and he can wait till june when i am going to Glendale anyway. Sweet Ehh.

[img][/img]

Weasel 1

[img][/img]

Weasel 2

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

I did inquire about them. I could not get pictures till today. He would not take a deposit until he sent the pictures. Oh, well. You got a swingin deal. I'm really glad a forum member got them. You're gonna have a blast with those.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

I did inquire about them. I could not get pictures till today. He would not take a deposit until he sent the pictures. Oh, well. You got a swingin deal. I'm really glad a forum member got them. You're gonna have a blast with those.

sals54

Good job, I have no idea why he would not take our money until he sent pictures, and Sal was out chasing parts when they arrived. I think it was Karma that you got them after the deal we got on the 37, you need to spread the bargains around a bit. I knew even one rough weasel was worth 3 times his asking price, so we did not need pictures. Now having seen them, I see what a bargain they are.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Cool, I want one! Only problem is I've got too much land, probably won't annoy any of my neighbors[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bams, a pedestal mount M1919 ought to take care of your limitation. That would sure make the old rural route more entertaining.

What a deal. Those right there are the vehicle of the future. Congratulations!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by comatus

Bams, a pedestal mount M1919 ought to take care of your limitation. That would sure make the old rural route more entertaining.
            We get 'em standard-issue, but have to pay for our own ammo.

I have a neighbor somewhere up the road that now has a barking dog. Maybe I can take it home one night... definitely more fun than my S&W .45

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Now those are cool John. Have fun. [8D]

Matthew Burnette

Comment

Congratulations John on a great find. One of those might work great for skidding Ash trees out of my swamp. But due to my fondness for gravel trucks, I really like that Mack gravel truck.

A wild Red Hawk admiring it's reflection.
                In the middle of Minnestudea
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hey John & Sal

He told me he was sending pics to someone else I had no idea who, but he wouldn't take my $ either till I seen pics. I think that becuase I could deliver his very large I.H. 4X4 (frame mounted camper) to him put me in the front running. He has been trying to get it home for a while, but something that large is pricey to ship. Anyhow as soon as I Seen the first email containing weasel 1 I tried to send the $ and he still wouldn't take any $ till the second email came with the rest of the pics. Needless to say they kept getting better. Finally I got the ok we hashed a deal and luckily his son was still there & he had a paypal account and the deal was done. I will have them in Glendale & will try to take some basics with me to try to get one (or both) of them running while there.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

Hey John & Sal

He told me he was sending pics to someone else I had no idea who, but he wouldn't take my $ either till I seen pics. I think that becuase I could deliver his very large I.H. 4X4 (frame mounted camper) to him put me in the front running. He has been trying to get it home for a while, but something that large is pricey to ship. Anyhow as soon as I Seen the first email containing weasel 1 I tried to send the $ and he still wouldn't take any $ till the second email came with the rest of the pics. Needless to say they kept getting better. Finally I got the ok we hashed a deal and luckily his son was still there & he had a paypal account and the deal was done. I will have them in Glendale & will try to take some basics with me to try to get one (or both) of them running while there.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock

I'm glad it worked out for you. We've beat enough folks to a good deal that we don't feel bad about missing one now and than.

JDP/Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm still mad as a hornets nest. I'm going down there and try to get one or both on the trailer before anyone knows they're missing. Just Kidding, ya'know. It was a fabulous deal for you. I'm still trying arrange to get myself to Glendale. I hope I can make it. Good luck on the haul of the IH. Watch yourself on those scary loads.

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

I think that there were a few more people interested in these than just those on here. I was in contact with the seller and know of one AZ military vehicle restorer who also was talking to him minutes after it hit Craigslist. Everybody seems like they were willing to pay the asking price without any discussion. I believe the willingness to be able to deliver something to him cross-country may have been the deal breaker for the rest of us. On one hand I'm upset that I didn't get them but on the other hand I'm relieved I didn't get them. I've never worked on a tracked vehicle before and in talking to some more knowledgeable, there are some parts on these things that can turn them into an instant "static display" if you don't have one or two small parts. Extremely cool vehicles to own, but also about as impractical as they come.

Comment

John,
                          Do you really need two Weasels? You could sell one for enough to pay for the other and the rest of the restoration. You'ld have a restored Weasel for free. something to think about.
                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X