Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'66 4-door Studes--do these two cars survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '66 4-door Studes--do these two cars survive?

I had dinner the other night with the former Studebaker dealer from my hometown and his wife and their son and his family. The wife gave me a copy of a letter, written on their dealership stationery with the contemporary Studebaker 'lazy S' logo and script in the upper left-hand corner. It was written to "Our Friends and Customers" and told of their intentions to stay in business after Studebaker's end-of-production announcement the previous week, and that warranties on recently-sold new Studes would be honored and parts availability would be maintained. The letter also mentioned that they had their "last two new Studebakers available at substantial savings".

This reminded me to dig out my records from the SNM archives that showed the last two new Studes they had in inventory.

Last Retail Sale: Timberline Turquoise '66 Cruiser with white vinyl bench seat (serial C-530882), sold to Albert Allen of McDowell St. in Masury, Ohio on 3/25/66. Mr. Allen was retired at that time.

Last car in inventory: '66 Commander 4-door V8 (C531600), sold to Catanese Bros. Studebaker on Main St. in Russellton, PA on 4/12/66.

Do either of these serial nos. survive in the hands of an SDC'er?

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
    '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now
Working...
X