engine colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine colors

First I would like to thank you guys for all the info you have given me recently. You have made my project alot easier. Question on my 64 GT , 289, 4 SPD. I am rebuilding the drivetrain now and I am ready to paint it . The block, heads, bellhousing is black and the valve covers are yellow. The oil fill caps are orange on the valve covers.
    What color is the fan blade and dipstick? I have seen yelow and orange. Also was the transmission also painted black?

Thanks again, Mark

quote:Originally posted by Mark Plucenik

First I would like to thank you guys for all the info you have given me recently. You have made my project alot easier. Question on my 64 GT , 289, 4 SPD. I am rebuilding the drivetrain now and I am ready to paint it . The block, heads, bellhousing is black and the valve covers are yellow. The oil fill caps are orange on the valve covers.
    What color is the fan blade and dipstick? I have seen yelow and orange. Also was the transmission also painted black?

Thanks again, Mark
    Orange engine dip stick, yellow, orange fan, black pulley.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

If you can get your hands on a May 2009 Turning Wheels, Bob Palma also "details" the 1964 engine bay colors in the Co-Operator that issue.

The engine compartment color changes for 1965 cars were in the August 1988 Turning Wheels. That's a tough copy to find, I guess.

John, did you mean to add transmission dipstick as yellow?

Comment

Working...
      X