Betty the Lark is baaaack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty the Lark is baaaack...

Good day today. Rotten weather--rain, freezing rain, and high winds--but a good day nevertheless. Got my cherished '62 Lark out of storage this afternoon. She started first try, and offered nary a complaint of any sort as I drove her back into town through the thoroughly inclement atmosphere. She's parked at the corner of my street now, awaiting ferrying down the hill to the garage where her brakes will be worked on starting Monday morning. Hoping to have the old gal totally ready for the start of the season, maybe including a trip to SB for the May meet...brakes and a tuneup, new rad, new wheelcovers, wax job...C'mon spring!

S.

Good news, Steve! And Barney sez to tell Betty "Hey, baby!"

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Steve, did you end up with the parts from the 12 mile Lark?
      (a story in its own!)
      Sounds like progress is underway, I better get out in the garage and back to work on my Champ.
      Jim S.
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Clark--

Betty sez "right back atcha, big boy!"

Jim--

Yep, got those parts from the ex-tech school rolling chassis Ray had. Front and rear drums, rear axle/diff, and quite a fresh radiator too (mine has a minor leak in one corner). The parts spent the past three weeks in the back of The Pretend Wagonaire (my '05 Pontiac Vibe) until this morning, when I dropped both the Lark and the parts off at the local garage. When I went by en route to work later in the day the Lark was no longer outside, so they may have started on it right away...else maybe Neal was just having fun test-driving it!

I'm hopeful that once the brakes are set right, my dad will consent to drive the Lark again. I work evenings half the time, so miss half the cruises...would like to have a "deputy driver" for those weeks, but Dad became convinced, the one time he did drive the Lark to a cruise, that the brakes did not in fact work at all...[]

S.

Comment

Working...
        X