1937 Coupe found.... Updated Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Coupe found.... Updated Pictures

Here's the 37 Coupe we just found. We haven't decided just what to do with it yet. It was in the process of being hotrodded and it already has a Fatman Fabrications Mustang 2 front suspension welded to the frame. The Fatman front suspension cost $2000 before the installation. The rearend appears to be stock. The front and rear fenders have the body work already done and they are as smooth as a baby's behind. ( its OK, I've got 6 kids ). The rest of the body is in good shape with very little rust and solid floors. It has all the inside window frames, most of the glass, bumpers, doors, 2 grills, banjo steering wheel and even has the door panels for patterns. I was working on it this evening. Wait till you see it tomorrow.

sals54
    sals54

Interesting project, where would the pick up point be?

Thanks
    Jed
    sigpic

Comment

I love that '37 rear window. Some prewar fans may not like it, but that front suspension is a bonus and much safer if done correctly. Nice find, Sal and John.

Comment

Jed,
        By pick up point, do you mean where is the car?? Or where do you pick up the balance of the restoration??

sals54
        sals54

Comment

Real nice Sal!![8D] Thats a KQQL car,saw one all done up at a show. Good Luck---[8D]

Comment

Yes, Where is the car located? Just trying to figure out shipping expense.
            Jed
            sigpic

Comment

Looks like this stock

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Here is what I was doing last night. I got a buzz of energy at about 7 PM and went wild till 11 putting parts on the car. When I got home this afternoon, I finished with the headlights and running boards. The headlights are from a 37 Chevy, but seem to look OK for now. The left rear wheel is just hanging there cuz I have to go get some left handed lug nuts for the Cragars. At least now its starting to look like the real deal.

sals54
                sals54

Comment

That's a nice lookin ride!

Comment

That's funny I was just checkin out your 37

Comment

Unless someone has a better idea, this is about all we'll do from here on in to prep the car:

Prime the entire car the light gray, and organize and install some of the loose parts. Maybe buy and install a Mustang II rack and pinion and rig to the factory or GM column just enough to make a roller with steering. Sal and me think going much further would involve us making design choices better left to the rodder. i.e., we drop in a mouse motor, and they want a Hemi.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Both of you are impressing the hell out of me. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Why'da have to put those Cragar s/s wheels on that....besides aaaargh's 38 you're just making me weak at the knees. Wow, wow, wow. Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car.
                          sigpic
                          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Love the looks of it !!! Wish I could get my hands on something like that. No mouse motor for it or hemi. I'd love it with just a 289 Stude in it. When's it going up for sale??

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                            '64 Daytona HT
                            \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

We should have it ready for sale this week sometime. I'm gonna spray it all grey primer, then we'll show some before and after pix, to make sure it does not appear that we are trying to hide anything. Should have some sort of steering setup on it in the next day or so. I'm also going to put some wide whites on it to show it off that way too. I've only had this car for a couple of days and thinking of selling it is making me miss it already.

sals54
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X