• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas STUDABAKER

Looks like a good buy. Craigslist for Dallas TX. "Studabaker"
    Allen

What to do with this car
    The question I have is what to do with this car. It has been in the backyard of my girlfriend’s house 30 years question I have is is it worth saving? Should it be scrapped or could it be sold?

Comment

What to do with this car
      The question I have is what to do with this car. It has been in the backyard of my girlfriend’s house 30 years question I have is is it worth saving? Should it be scrapped or could it be sold?

Comment

Looks to me like it is too far gone for even a parts car.
        Bob
        Bob
        Welland Ontario
        60 Lark Convertible
        64 Daytona
        sigpic
        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Wonder what this car looked like 13 years ago when satdoc2 posted the Craigslist ad? Probably a lot better.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Studebaker produced more cars in 1950 and 1951 than in any other years in their history, so there are quite a few still around. Considering the car is sitting directly on the ground with no wheels, the frame and floors are probably like Swiss cheese, and the roof is crushed down. If it's really bad, it's possible the car may come apart if someone tries to move it.

Your best bet would be to advertise it for parts, to be parted out on site, then hire a junk yard to extract the remains. If no one is interested in the parts, then the junkyard will have more incentive to take it and not charge you to remove it.
            Mark L

Comment

• Mark L
              Mark L commented
              Editing a comment
              I apologize. I'm not trying to be negative. My point is there are probably a lot more 1950 2-door sedans available that would be better candidates for ressurection than yours. I would give a shot at trying to sell some parts from it before it gets scrapped. You might get lucky and find someone who does want the whole car, but it looks like it will take a lot of work just to get some wheels under it just to move it.

Also, if you advertise it, make sure Studebaker is spelled correctly. If buyers are looking for "Studebaker", but the ad has some other spelling, you'll potentially miss some buyers.
            Mark L

Comment

Looks like John Frost is the Owner, who just showed up 23 Years since it has been For Sale when Allen first posted this !
              I can't even tell if there IS a Frame Now.

For a Craig's List Ad or other that might produce a few Buyers of pieces, it is a "1950 Studebaker Champion 2 Door Sedan", not to be confused with a Starlight COUPE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50 Champion Starlight Red.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	2011999
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Anyone needing a good builder in Texas: I have a '50 Commander starlight cpe f/s. 281 787 6230

Comment

Working...
                X