Picture of all cloth interior 64 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of all cloth interior 64 Cruiser

I see that there are several posts on upholstry here today, so I will throw out my question. I see in the sales brochure the vinyl/cloth combination for Daytonas, which is simlair to the '63's pattern. But what does the all cloth interior look like for the '64 Cruiser. I have not been able to find a picture of that. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I have a set of red cloth seats that I saved from a '64 Cruiser but they are tucked up in a corner shelf in my shed. Red vinyl sides with cloth seating surface. I think it had some silver metallic thread in the cloth. I can get a picture of it this weekend if no one else responds with pics.

Autumn at Lake Barget
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Here you go Bullet:

The button pleated Cruiser seats are very plush and almost overstuffed, these are the Nylon ones with the Silver-Flecked metallic thread going though them. But ever plusher is the special order Broadcloth luxury car type stuff, but not as durable as this one. [^]

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you VERY much. I am looking at purchasing a '64 Cruiser that has this kind of interior but came from the factory with bucket seats. I am used to the '63 Cruiser. '64 Commander/Daytona and '65 Daytona seats so thought the ones in this '64 Cruiser just did not look correct. But now I see that they are spot on and identical to thos in Rich's pictures. Thanks!!!! Mark

Comment

Yep, that looks much like my old red seats however I have a split front bench with a passenger-side head rest.
          sigpic

Comment

That would be a neat car, the Nylon (cloth) buckets would be a rare enough option in a Daytona, but even rarer in a Cruiser. []

Because of the great durability and good looks of the '64 "glove soft" Vinyl, in the '60's nobody wanted cloth! Now-days they want comfortable in Summer & Winter and don't care if it's shot in 3 years, time to trade anyway! [:0]

It is really too bad these wonderful cars (U.S. built '64's) were not built long enough for people to realise all the neat available options that could be ordered, and ORDER some! []

There is nothing wrong with the "second series" Canadian built '64's, but most of the best models were deleted, and by '65 ALL were! [xx(]

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This will be my first hurrah back into Larks in about 8 years. I loved my '65 Daytona Wagonaire, even with the Mckennon engine. I have never had a 289, the '63 Cruiser I had, had had a '62 259 installed and all the rest were 6's. Which are also good cars.

I would love to find one or two headrests. I see them on e-bay every now and again. Maybe in Glendale.

Thanks again. Mark

Comment

Witch one of the vendors sell this kinda cloth upholstery?

<div align="left">Shane Kendrick</div id="left"><div align="left">Kennewick, WA</div id="left">

Comment

I'll bet Phantom has this cloth material for recovering.

Comment

I purchased some replacement fabric from SMS for my Cruiser that was a spot on match:

Mark Anderson
                    Member SDC and FMCA
                    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

I'm pretty sure we have these NOS seat covers in the inventory we purchased from SASCO. I'll check this weekend. What color and seat configuration?

~Lori

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                      '63 Lark "Lucy"
                      '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                      A bunch of other Larks
                      '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

"The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
                      '63 Lark "Lucy"
                      '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
                      A bunch of other Larks
                      '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

That back seat looks great Mark Anderson, money well spent.

Autumn at Lake Barget
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually, that's the back seat BEFORE it was repaired

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

That back seat looks great Mark Anderson, money well spent.

Autumn at Lake Barget
                          Mark Anderson
                          Member SDC and FMCA
                          Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

Comment

Well then why did you have them recovered? LOL

Autumn at Lake Barget
                            sigpic

Comment

Lotsalarks.....Lori, I looked and bookmarked your website. My gosh!!!! You guys purchased and moved over 3 semi trailer loads of interior parts from SASCO??? Didn't realize there was that much left there of seat cover and door panels. Sure didn't see that much back in 2007 when the Stude Truck Farmers got their tour of the place. Congrats on the rescue. Will keep an eye on your website for when you have it cataloged and ready to sell.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                              '64 Daytona HT
                              \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                              \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                              X