No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in additional ZDDP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in additional ZDDP...

I know there's a lot of controversy about reduced ZDDP in modern motor oils, and its impact on flat tappet engines like Studebaker. I've always heard that the STP red label for 4-cylinder engines contains about double the ZDDP of the STP blue label but it's been difficult to find in stores as so many have searched it out.

This morning I stopped by the local Ollie's Bargain Outlet and they have cases and cases of the red label STP for $1.99 per container. I don't know where they bought it...some chain going out of business or whatever, but that's a bargain for anyone wanting it. The Studebaker connection with STP is a bonus.

If anyone has an Ollie's close by, give it some thought.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

FWIW from STP

quoteear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us about STP Oil Treatment. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

I am sorry but we can't tell you how much zddp is added. At one time we could tell you that there was 4 times the amt. of zddp added that was in old motor oils.

The fleet levels of oil have far more ZDDP than other types of oil. Other types of oil have continued to cut back on ZDDP.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Candy Thoma
    Consumer Response Representative
    Consumer Services
    If additonal ZDDP was in there, you can be sure they would be bragging about it.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

I think your assumption is right on Jack.

Doug
      Venice, Florida
      1950 Champion
      9G F1

Comment

Want protection?

Next oil change utilize either Valvoline 20w/50 race oil, or Castrol Syntec 20w/50.

Both of these oils address the zddp concern by blending in over 1600ppm of zinc.

Just ordered a case of both to have on hand.

Comment

Will the 20-50 be too thick when the engine is cold? I get high oil pressure with a cold engine. Can one expect damage with high oil pressure?[?][?][:0]

Comment

Will the 20-50 be too thick when the engine is cold? I get high oil pressure with a cold engine. Can one expect damage with high oil pressure?[?][?][:0]

Comment

Working...
            X