Just got me a new toy DINKY President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got me a new toy DINKY President

I just won a DINKY STUDEBAKER PRESIDENT. Needs some painting. I will paint it same color i will paint my President red and white. I have never done any of this kit cars.

1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

The dinky is die cast metal. Remove the tires. If bad, repalcemnts are available from Thomas Toys in Michagan. Soak entire car in lacquer thinner. scrub with a tooth brush and Brite White white wall cleaner. Air dry. Mask as desired. Use a good quality rattle can model paint.
    Wait about a week, remove masking tape, remask, when remasking position tape on paper with very little of the tape gummed side exposed, just enough to stick to the model. apply paint to area not previously painted, wait another week. Remove masking tape/paper. Mount tires . After about 30 days apply a coat of automobile past polish. Don't use liquid cleaner/polish.

Richard

Comment

Congratulations.
      Do what Richard says and while you're waiting send me your address and I'll send you a sample of
      The Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Newsletter.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Yanqui84@gmail.com

I just won a DINKY STUDEBAKER PRESIDENT. Needs some painting. I will paint it same color i will paint my President red and white. I have never done any of this kit cars.

Yanquiel,
        Do check the base of your Dinky President 179 in case it had a Packard base 180 fitted at original assembly. There were a few that got out with this mistake & I have one of them.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
        MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
        X