Academy Awards and Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Awards and Studebaker

My wife is watching the Academy Awards on the TV in our bedroom so I'm lurking around the forum waiting for them to go off as I cannot stand to listen to some Hollywood star or starlet rattling off at the mouth.

So here is my nomination for best supporting automobile in a movie that won an Oscar ... and the nomination goes to the 1959 Studebaker Lark driven by Al Pacino in the 1973 movie "Serpico" in which Al Pacino won an Oscar as the best supporting actor.

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

I'm with you on that, John. What a completely clueless, self-centered, ignorant group of human embarrassment. I don't know how the few good ones like Gary Sinise and Dennis Franz are able to survive (and stomach) that sick environment. Easy to outsmart, not easy to overcome being severely outnumbered[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Come on, Bob. The Forum isn't all that bad.

Comment

[sigh] So, which bold aficianado will volunteer to bring the Studebaker film database up to date by watching all this year's turkeys, trying to find one Studebaker in there? Or has someone begun already? Please, watch these films, so the rest of us won't have to.

A cartoon one in UP would count. What about Mishawaka HMMV's in 'Hurt'? Is there an Inglourious Weasel? And that Bridges boy...he played a car guy once...

Don't let Lincoln get all the glory just because of them Na'vi gators.

Comment

Looking at the above picture, is that the same Lark that JDP now has for sale on eBay[?]

What are the chances of that?[:0][:0][:0]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JWW

Looking at the above picture, is that the same Lark that JDP now has for sale on eBay[?]
            What are the chances of that?[:0][:0][:0]
            Not too likely, this one is a '59 and a Regal and Red not brown.

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sorry Rich, I was only kidding. But the Serpico Stude does look brown on my screen (though lighter than JDP's.)

Comment

Working...
              X