• Show
Clear All

• Matthew

Saw Matthew at the North GA SDC meeting today.He is up here
    helping Tom Elliot taking pictures and puting prices
    on Toms 30 year collection of parts.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

Thanks Lenny, Glad to hear he got there OK. I know he's a grown man, but I still worry about him. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Neil,
      Through the magic of this Forum, we've had the pleasure of getting to know him, his parents and grandparents over the past several years.

There's nothing here for you to worry about.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My sons are 36&39 i still worry about them.

Lenny
        Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Yep, I'm here and we're having a great time. I think while I'm here I'll try and talk Tom into letting me get his '51 business coupe running. It's been a while since it saw daylight.

Comment

It seems like last week he was 6 years old, sitting on my lap,steering an old Orange Studebaker truck down a dirt road. NT

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Well today I buttoned up all the loose things under the hood of Tom's business coupe and the darn thing fired right up. First time it's been ran in a year or so at least. I backed it out of the garage and Tom hopped in and we drove all over Fayetteville. I think we both had a smile that was a mile wide. Only picture is a crappy cell phone shot. Tomorrow we'll be driving the car some more so better pics will be taken then.

This is the best driving, smoothest, quietest '51 Champion around. I was surprised, but with the automatic trans, it's "quicker" than Tom's 3 spd OD Starlight coupe.

BTW, the new rear wheel covers aren't on because Tom hasn't waxed the freshly powder coated wheels yet.

Comment

What a beautiful car.

Comment

That is a beautiful car and it's great to see that it is running and out and about. I would like to add my thanks to you Matthew for all you do for Tom and Maureen. I can't think of two more wonderful deserving people. Matthew you are truely a credit to your family and all of the SDC membership. It makes me feel so good to see a young man like you with such sincere and compassionate concern for the Elliott's, as well as others I'm sure you have helped along the way. My hat is off to you and we are all fortunate to have a guy like you around. -- JIM

black hawk

Comment

Thanks Jim... But I'm just having fun.

Comment

I understand that Tom has a reputation for collecting accessories. Is the nose on the 51 a 50 piece or an accessory similar to a 50?

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                      1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                      X