Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside mirror

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about buying outside mirror from ebay to replace old mirror on my '57 Silver Hawk. See link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Are this product a good quality? Thanks for any your helps in advance.

Steven

I may have 2 NOS mirrors. I will ckeck them out.
    Allen

Comment

Since these are GM mirrors, I don't think any or many of us would have any idea of the quality.

They do look like good quality from the photos, and have molded rubber gaskets and tinted glass that ours never had. [^]

These may be a good deal if you are looking for inexpensive and incorrect. Everyone has their own opinion as to what they prefer, but I would not use incorrect on an original car, no problem on a modified one.

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Steven
        Sorry, but the ones I have are AC2340 for 53-55.
        Allen

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 57 Silver Hawk

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about buying outside mirror from ebay to replace old mirror on my '57 Silver Hawk. See link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Are this product a good quality? Thanks for any your helps in advance.
          Why don't you just buy an authentic one from SI? They are actually better quality than the originals.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

hi everyone, im looking for a replacement mirrors for my 05 Avanti. I already inquire to studebakerparts but its a little bit pricey. If you have used one, i might got interested for $45 dollars below.

Last edited by hdsims; 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Steven, yes the '55-'57 Chevy. reproductions are way better than our Stude. Mirrors.

I like the slightly domed Stainless Steel Mirror Head, Tinted Glass, molded mounting pad and high quality Chrome finish on the base.

Your ebay ad link is closed, but I think it is the same guy who personally assembles and sells his own mirrors, he is a good guy to deal with.

I got a pair with a wide angle lens for the the right side for a Driver Car, but I would NEVER put them on that nice Original '57 Silver Hawk of yours!

Here is a pair currently running:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item25610aa740
              Last edited by StudeRich; 05-05-2011, 06:23 PM.
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That is not exactly true Rich. What the Chevy people have on their reproduction parts that Studebaker folks don't is a choice of quality levels. You can buy cheap 57 Chevy reproduction parts or pay the bigger bucks and get the same part but higher quality.
                Last edited by StudeMichael; 05-07-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

That may be true, but this Guy's mirrors are as good as it gets, and are not expensive.

I have no idea the quality of the other GM Mirror Vendor's mirrors, but they could not be any better than perfect!
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I bought a set and they are great. We now can see in the President. Great quality and price
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Good to know Rich and Anne. I just wanted to point out the fact that other makes do have vendors that offer different quality levels for the price paid. I realize that for the most part we are lucky to have what we do in the way of repro availability. There are certain items I would pay more for if given the choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X