Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 President radiator

Hello,

My radiator is leaking [B)] and I went to Murrays Speed & custom and they said an aluminum one for my car might run from $400+ from www.becool.com because they have to custom make it. What have you guys done for your radiator replacement. I called a local radiator shop and they said they might be able to fix the leak for $50 which i will try that before buying one, just wanted to know what are my options in case is not repairable.

I also have to change my carburetor because it gets clog up every once in a while and starts spitting gasoline from the carburetor, I'm thinking of getting one of this Edelbrock 1406 600 4BBL Electronic choke.
    1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

Today, I installed my new radiator. $400 bucks to have it fixed. The core was not able to be repaired, and a standard core was not available, so a custom core was made. I was told these have a curved part that mates to the core and nobody else uses this. So I had a choice of one. This is good shop and I have used them for other cars, so I trust them.

I flushed the system and got the car running with new anti-freeze. The car is ready for plates, tires and insurance and should be on the road in a few weeks for the 1st time in 32 years.

David

[img=left]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_SuHaRG4eFas/SevU9Pcl-jI/AAAAAAAACJs/cRB5QokGtEs/s288/DSC01155.JPG[/img=left]
    David King

1964 Studebaker Commander
    1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (615)
    1966 Pontiac GTO convertible

SDC Member#: A011937K
    sigpic

David King

1964 Studebaker Commander
    1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (615)
    1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (56)
    1960 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (83)
    1966 Pontiac GTO convertible

SDC Member#: A011937K

Comment

Just have them recore your original Radiator, they or another Radiator Shop should be able to make it a 3 row instead of 2 for around $300.00. [^]

And then it will bolt right back in without a lot of mods, remakes etc. to get fan clearance, hood clearance and fit problems worked out with a bulky custom built hunk of aluminum. [xx(]

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I sell rebuilt radiators for around $200.00, and good used for $100.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Can you post a picture of it?
          I have four different ones that came with my car and if one is the same it's yours for shipping.
          From Murrieta Ca.
          Thought about it but just can't bear to throw them away.

Dean.
          dpearson@scwcompanies.com

Comment

Working...
          X