Bullet nose street rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet nose street rod

Have you ever seen the bullet nosed station wagon built by Teddy Z ? I know, they didn't make a wagon in '50 & '51, but Ted did. I'll dig around in my files and see if I can find a pic. Car stayed in this area (Mich) for quite a while, but I think it has moved.
    Bob

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.
    Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Have you ever seen the bullet nosed station wagon built by Teddy Z ? I know, they didn't make a wagon in '50 & '51, but Ted did. I'll dig around in my files and see if I can find a pic. Car stayed in this area (Mich) for quite a while, but I think it has moved.
    Bob

Own '53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.
    Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Bullet nose street rod

I might get shot for this, but I think these bullet nose Starlight coupes look better as street rods than as stockers. Almost like they were made to have no front bumper, a nice hot rod "rake", big tires in the back, and a bright paint job [].

I REALLY like this one! The interior is just right for the car. The stock appearing dash would be hard to improve on. The color probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but it really works well on the car (do ya' think he had some turquoise left over from the Camaro in the background for the flames [)]). I'm glad that he left the "signiture" bullet nose and other front end parts chromed.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

That Bullet nose was on the front cover of HOT ROD magazine July 1990 and a center fold picture as well.

Carl

Comment

That Bullet nose was on the front cover of HOT ROD magazine July 1990 and a center fold picture as well.

Carl

Comment

I remember one like this in a hotrod magazine a few years ago . I'm pretty sure this one is kind of a copy of that one ...the flames are different but the color scheme is the same , green on pink. I agree with you about these looking better rodded then stock ! [8]

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
            1960 Lark 2dr
            1960 Champ
            1964 Daytona HT
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I remember one like this in a hotrod magazine a few years ago . I'm pretty sure this one is kind of a copy of that one ...the flames are different but the color scheme is the same , green on pink. I agree with you about these looking better rodded then stock ! [8]

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
              1960 Lark 2dr
              1960 Champ
              1964 Daytona HT
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The 50 Srarlight Coupe just has the right stance to be a street rod. This street rod was left with a lot of it's original Studebaker personality. I like it

Studebaker Fever
                60 Lark
                51 Champion
                Phil
                Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                60 Lark
                56 Power Hawk
                Phil Hendrickson
                Arnold, Missouri

Comment

The 50 Srarlight Coupe just has the right stance to be a street rod. This street rod was left with a lot of it's original Studebaker personality. I like it

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  51 Champion
                  Phil
                  Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  56 Power Hawk
                  Phil Hendrickson
                  Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I agree - if you're gonna rod or modify a Stude, at least do the marque some justice and leave it's personality intact so that others can recognize it for what it truely is. Great looking car, my friend is crazy for modified 50-51s.

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
                    - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

I agree - if you're gonna rod or modify a Stude, at least do the marque some justice and leave it's personality intact so that others can recognize it for what it truely is. Great looking car, my friend is crazy for modified 50-51s.

~ FireHawk

- 56 PowerHawk
                      - 01 Firebird TransAm WS6 Convertible

- Ontario Canada!

Comment

quote: Have you ever seen the bullet nosed station wagon built by Teddy Z ? I know, they didn't make a wagon in '50 & '51, but Ted did. I'll dig around in my files and see if I can find a pic.
                        Is this the car?

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: Have you ever seen the bullet nosed station wagon built by Teddy Z ? I know, they didn't make a wagon in '50 & '51, but Ted did. I'll dig around in my files and see if I can find a pic.
                          Is this the car?

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Dick These two Hot Rods belong to two Brothers The Novaks. I stand in line for the Firing Squad.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            1957 Silverhawk
                            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            The Prez 1955 President State
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Dick These two Hot Rods belong to two Brothers The Novaks. I stand in line for the Firing Squad.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                              1957 Silverhawk
                              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              The Prez 1955 President State
                              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                              Fresno,Ca