Need some 1962 Lark info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some 1962 Lark info

I cant find my bookmark that listed the serial numbers of the 1962 Lark pace and festival cars at Indianapolis.The search function here didnt pay off either.I found a '62 Daytona convert and while there is a slim
    to none chance it is one of the special cars it doesnt hurt to check the numbers.I will be getting pics of it in the future and do not have the serial number at this time.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

The following is an excerpt from a Hemmings Motor News article:

-There are a couple of exceptions worth noting. Studebaker built a number of festival cars, similar in appearance to the pace cars, for the 1962 Indianapolis 500; Palma estimates that those might be worth 20 percent more than average. (The serial numbers of those cars are known, so there's no challenge to documenting one.) The ultimate Daytona convertibles would have to be the two pace cars, serial numbers 62V38990 and 62V39027; one paced the race, and the other was the backup, though it's not known which was which. The whereabouts of both cars are a mystery. Until one of those surfaces and changes hands, Palma said, there's no telling what they're worth.-

You may want to contact Bob Palma as he likely has the information.

Autumn at Lake Barget
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
    X