Announcement: Forum Moderators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement: Forum Moderators

I am pleased to announce that Clark Novak (showbizkid) and Patrick Driscoll (Cravin) have volunteered to help moderate the SDC Forums.

Many of you forum members have let it be known in recent topics that you do want these forums to be an inviting and informative environment for all who post and lurk...and ensure that the Studebaker Drivers Club is presented in a positive way.

Clark and Patrick have my full support as they carry out their moderator responsibilities. Please remember, they are volunteers and are doing this because they are committed to the club and the value of these forums.

I am sure you will afford them the same respect you all have shown me these past years.

BShaw, Webmaster
    webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
    Woodbury, Minnesota
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Thanks Bob, for all you do and have done. And, Thanks
    to you Clark and Patrick for your help here. I appreciate
    all that is done to help this forum.

Tex in Alabama

Comment

With the flurry of posting about the forum recently, will there be any change in the posting rules concerning the forum.

I know the current rules are stated in the sticky, but I would find it interesting to have the new moderators describe the boundaries that they will work within as I'm sure current and previous members would.

And also, Thanks for volunteering. It's a thankless job and takes great fortitude and a thick skin to do it.

My hat's off to Clark and Patrick.

Bob

Comment

I think this is great! thanks Bob and Clark and Patrick. This is a very public face of SDC and we want to maintain an air of dignity!

Comment

Someone that drives a Standard can't be all Bad, good luck guys and Like I have said in years past while working with other people in youth base ball and soft ball and other youth activity's with out Volunteers we have no activity and volunteers in my eyes don't make mistakes they just do the best they can and one must accept it, thanks Bob for your work in the past and in the future and thanks again Clark and Patrick ...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
          Castro Valley,
          California

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Thanks to all you guys. Being a moderator is often a thankless task, I hope everyone will support your efforts

Pat

Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool
            '54 Conestoga Future Project

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Thanks to you folks for stepping up and doing the job

Comment

Thanks to Mr Shaw AND the folks who volunteered to help! Great chance to get back to what the forum is about......

It is an addiction!
                It is an addiction!

Comment

Cool!

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                  Parts of the 1952 Model N
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

This is a long overdue event. The rules are pointless unless they are enforced, and the rules do not allow the type of posts that have
                    been a blight on the forum recently. If you think anything should
                    be allowed on the forum, think about this. For every past, present,
                    and future member that decides they do not want to be a part of a
                    forum that tolerates stupid, pointless, insulting comments, that
                    could be one less future supporter of the club and the brand. Not
                    to mention one less customer for those of you who occasionally have
                    a car or part you would like to sell. Thanks and good luck to
                    the members who think we have something of value here and are willing
                    to invest their time and energy to preserve it.

Comment

Insulting comments will be easy to sort out. Not so sure about stupid and pointless. [)]
                      Seriously, thanks for volunteering, guys. You are well respected and the effort will be welcome.

We talked at length about the Forum at York. The consensus seemed to ask the same question, "why is everyone so worked up over this, and why do some take themselves so seriously?" These aren't earth saving decisions being dealt with for crying out loud, it's just a Studebaker forum. By past comments, we couldn't even agree that the earth needs saving among ourselves, anyway.

Being mean because you don't appreciate someone's thoughts, whether they have an undercurrent of politics, or religion, or a stock versus modified theme, whatever...doesn't help anything in the pursuit of the simple, brief entertainment we come here for each time. The insults have sent many away. Sadly, many of those posts were aimed at doing just that and succeeded. Can't blame those who have left. Why bother being abused, you know? Many of their true friends keep in touch, anyway.

I hope we can all work toward the same goal of having some class in how we represent ourselves on 2010. Move on instead of name calling and trolling. One person's sense of humor will always be another's ulcer, but let's get back to truly enjoying our marque. It was in abundance the last three days in York, that's for sure.

We'll have to agree that we will all tend to disagree on occasion, but we can be nice about it and make it easy on these guys, okay? Good luck, Moderators.

Comment

I would like to extend my best wishes to CLARK&PATRICK & also to Mr Shaw for a job well done,I have just been home a week after an emergency 4/way by pass, the good LORD gave me one more chance to maybe get my 63 lark finished.I would like to also thank all you good forum members for all the good tips and answers over the time i found the forum, it has been a great value to me,so thank you gals and guys its been a great experience, keep up the fine work.MAC

Comment

That's the Studebaker spirit! Thanks to Mr. Shaw and a big Thank You to the new volunteer moderators!
                          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks Bob for procurrring help to monitor posts. 95% of the posts here are positive but we all know from time to time we all get off course when someone offends us. Hopefully all here will accept thsi additional help and will keep things under control.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

There is a great answer to this.......it's called the delete button.

I have found that on many audio forums moderation has driven folks to stay away........due to the moderators very real bias.

Free and open discourse is stifled with excessive moderation.

And now we have thought police.....because posts can be eviscerated because of perceived intent of the specific post.

JMHO thats all.

Comment

Working...
                              X