No announcement yet.

I spose this means it has a rust issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spose this means it has a rust issue?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-...item3caabef0f9 [)][:0][V]

Dylan Wills
    [IMG][/IMG]
    '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

THAT MAKES <s>MY '40 LOOK NEW!!!</s> THE MODEL N LOOK NEW!!![:0][B)]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

If you weighed that car it is probably a thousand pounds lighter than when it left the factory. That is one of a very few Studebakers that I wouldn't take even if they gave it too me.

Doug
      Venice, Florida
      1950 Champion
      9G F1

Comment

The best way to remove reuable parts from this beast, would be to raise it with a crain, drop it, any parts left intact would be worthy of a second look.

Richard

Comment

[:0][xx(]

Comment

At least he's not asking 10 thousand dollars for it.

Jon Stalnaker
            Editor, Hawk Talks
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I'd lay bets you couldn't roll it onto a trailer without caving in on itself, and if you did manage to secure it, by the time you got home it would have shaken itself into pieces.

Chris Pile
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Spare tire looks good..

Joe D.

Comment

Pretty sad! I'm a ambitious guy, and I wouldn't take this on! Well, maybe if it was a '57 golden hawk 400, but thats different!

Dylan Wills
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I don't get how it can be a rat rod and a parts car at the same time.[)]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
                    Parts of the 1952 Model N
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:
                      I don't get how it can be a rat rod and a parts car at the same time.
                      Really? You mean you don't know? [)]

I'll put my own spin on the Hawk. As far as the underside it probably took me the better part of a few months on and off, to put the floors and frame back together. There was quite a bit of die grinding, welding, and regular trips to Menards to resupply the metal stock. It probably took me about a month to paint to the current condition.

Is it grueling work? Yeah
                      Is is less than pleasurable at times? Yeah
                      Do I have alot of time on my hands? A ton of it
                      Will it be show quality? With my funding, well at least driver quality, lol

I'm not saying whether or not a person should jump on the Hawk(no pun intended), but if you're gonna go this route, be prepared for some work as these type of projects will set you back 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage to start with, as the body and chassis may not be completely intact. But for me I do enjoy bringing these cars back from the dead to an operable status at least, like I did with the model trains .

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                      [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
                      X