1931 Studebaker Model 54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 Studebaker Model 54

I asked this question on the other side with little response sooo.

Is there just one model 6 cyl. engine that comes in the Model 54 if so is there only one model fuel pump that fits it. Of so can any one tell me what brand and number that is. I am oceans away from the car and am trying to gather some parts for it before i return home.

2nd question is about putting a side mount fender on it so i can put a trunk on the rear. Any other model side mount fender that will fit?

The Model 54 came with just a 205 c.i. engine (I think the size is correct) - in the model 54 only. No other '31 cars used that engine. 1931 has pages of "running changes" during the model run, including radiator shells, headlight buckets, brakes, suspension and engine parts, but no listing for a fuel pump change. They should all be the same for model 54.

Comment

The fuel pump was originally a Stewart Warner and carried a Studebaker part number of 168656 but was superseded by #176533 which also fit the 1932 model 55. They are hard to get. As for the side mounts the fenders fit only the model 54 and nothing else will interchange. Side mounted fenders would be nearly impossible to find and you would also need all of the side mount hardware. For a rear mounted trunk you would need to locate a trunk rack, the trunk and a new rear bumper. Hardly worth the effort in my opinion.

Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks to both of you, now maybe i can get some rebuild stuff for the fuel pump from the company back east. Guess i'll stay with the rear mounted spare tire. Right now i'm just trying to get it so it can drive on and off the trailer. After it gets to Tucson and the mechanic works on it.

Comment

Working...
        X