'63 Hawk engine detailing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Hawk engine detailing questions

I'll be reassembling my '63 Hawk soon after the repaint.

What direction does the air cleaner snorkel point? Where is the air cleaner decal applied?

Where is the Battery warning decal applied?

Does anybody have any pictures of a detailed '63 Hawk engine compartment.

Thanks!

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Definetely point it straight to the right fender, which will put the spot where the old decal was (if remaining) directly forward. I see so many bozos with air cleaner to the fan, to the left etc. and always get a good laugh! I don't remember if the Batt. warning goes on the inner fender by batt. or not, I'll check some photos. Hawks do not get "Caution Fan" decals. I've got the Air Cleaner decals, Studebaker Battery decals, Battery Warning and Studebaker Anti-Freeze Tags, I think that's about it for a Std. 289 engined Hawk. I know you don't want to busy-up the windshield with a "We stand behind the Quality" gold circle thingy sticker!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Dick Definetely point it straight to the right fender, which will put the spot where the old decal was (if remaining) directly forward. I see so many bozos with air cleaner to the fan, to the left etc. and always get a good laugh! I don't remember if the Batt. warning goes on the inner fender by batt. or not, I'll check some photos. Hawks do not get "Caution Fan" decals. I've got the Air Cleaner decals, Studebaker Battery decals, Battery Warning and Studebaker Anti-Freeze Tags, I think that's about it for a Std. 289 engined Hawk. I know you don't want to busy-up the windshield with a "We stand behind the Quality" gold circle thingy sticker!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Where are the pictures of the car after sanding.... and after paint?

Chuck
        62 Gt Hawk (that wasn't sand falling from under the body... the car was not from West Texas, it was from West Tennessee....

Comment

Chuck
          62 Gt Hawk (that wasn't sand falling from under the body... the car was not from West Texas, it was from West Tennessee....

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

Still sanding . We plan to finish blocking it out this week. Shoot primer on Friday. Ready for the paint booth the following weekend. I'll try to get some "in progress" pictures today.

This is a great education for me. Learning a lot.

I thought this car was very straight (and it was), but it's amazing the little flaws that show up block sanding with a long board.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

Still sanding . We plan to finish blocking it out this week. Shoot primer on Friday. Ready for the paint booth the following weekend. I'll try to get some "in progress" pictures today.

This is a great education for me. Learning a lot.

I thought this car was very straight (and it was), but it's amazing the little flaws that show up block sanding with a long board.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hope the paint job turns out great with all the work your putting into the Hawk.[8D]

If you plan on selling the car when all done, let me know.
                I'm still looking for a clean GT Hawk.

Thx,
                Jerry

Comment

Hope the paint job turns out great with all the work your putting into the Hawk.[8D]

If you plan on selling the car when all done, let me know.
                  I'm still looking for a clean GT Hawk.

Thx,
                  Jerry

Comment

Wow, back when I was working my way thru college working in a body shop, running a long board manually was not educational, it was tough. I really appreciate what you are doing. I would need a long board about 6' long so that it would touch in front and back.
                    Keep up the good work.

Comment

Wow, back when I was working my way thru college working in a body shop, running a long board manually was not educational, it was tough. I really appreciate what you are doing. I would need a long board about 6' long so that it would touch in front and back.
                      Keep up the good work.

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures I took this morning...

We're on target to have it in primer by the end of the day Friday.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Here's a couple of pictures I took this morning...

We're on target to have it in primer by the end of the day Friday.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Ah yes now you know why body shops charge so much huh Dick.
                            It aint all chocolate and roses is it. Looking good though you can be proud when its all finished and shiny no waves or wrinkles in it.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Ah yes now you know why body shops charge so much huh Dick.
                              It aint all chocolate and roses is it. Looking good though you can be proud when its all finished and shiny no waves or wrinkles in it.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Working...
                              X