Chasing a lost 63 Daytona Convertible in Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing a lost 63 Daytona Convertible in Sweden

I had one of my cars sent from the U.S. to Sweden accidently about 12 mths ago, I was just wondering if any Swedish members know of a red 63 Daytona Convertible that is being restored or stored in Sweden. It was freighted by Halmari freight company out of Houston. Just curious to see what happened to it.
    Regards Brian.

Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Brian. I'm very sorry to hear that. What an expensive mess. You may want to edit your topic to include Sweden in its description. There are plenty of members there to offer trustful help, I would think.
    I'm confused, though. If it's in Sweden by mistake wouldn't it just be there at the dock simply awaiting pick up somewhere? Has it been verified as stolen from the dock? Who is to blame for that mistake from its embarkment point?

Comment

Dave, we have been reinbursed for the car by the freight company who made the blunder, but i was thinking who might have ended up with it in Sweden since it was not being sent to any one directly. The freighter guy is a Swede himself so he obviously found someone to buy it. So my tracking of the car ended there. The car needed full restoration, I don't know if they might tackle a large project over there eg; availability of parts. so if it is languishing I might be able to buy it back.
      Have a good trip to York
      Cheers Brian.

Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

Ah, not as sinister as I thought. I didn't see it in those recent TW pictures of the meet in Sweden. Maybe Greg Diffen made a weekend out of it and rescued it back to the UK? He needs another baby to toss about. [)]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by packardHawk58

I had one of my cars sent from the U.S. to Sweden accidently
          Now that's a BIG 'oops'!

Craig

Comment

Accidentally? How do you ship a car to Sweden accidentally?

Chip
            '63 Cruiser daily driver
            '57 Packard wagon on the road!
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Do Tell Please?

Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Hello Brian

I saw a red 1963 Daytona Convertible for sale in Sweden some months ago -- I think last year July. The price was reasonable -- I think they asked 35.000 Swedish roughly 4.700 -4800 USD but that included shipping and local tax etc. It seemed a bit rough but was definitely restorable. I do not know who bought it - I was also somewhat interested and thus contacted the seller when it was for sale.

I think the company who had it for sale and sold it is this one

I am sure they still have pics of the car -- I may also have some pics they sent me -- I will have to go through my old e-mails.

Regards

Pekka ( Helsinki, Finland)
                sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

THanks Pekka, that's the car, Kansas plates,what's the freight worth from U.S. to Finland. I paid $2200 U.S.D. for the car. 4800 seems a bit high if that's what they wanted.I will try and chase it down. Thanks for the information.
                  Cheers Brian.

Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Brian, shipping from Houston to Sweden is roughly 2000 USD including some forwarding costs. Then you add some local tax and arrive somewhere at 2500 USD. I have shipped a couple of Studebakers ex Houston with a bit lower costs but I had some "package deals" then.

I hope that you are able to get some further information on this Daytona. I would assume that it still is in Sweden.

Pekka
                    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

WOW! Only on this forum, a car lost and found (almost) in Europe.[8D][^]

Dick
                      Mountain Home, AR

Dick
                      Mountain Home, AR
                      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Is that cool international help, or what? [^][^] Maybe it can accidentally get shipped to Australia.

Comment

Pekka is correct. The car was sold through Jarudd in Sweden. They import lots
                          of cars from the Houston area. The red Daytona convertible was purchased by a
                          Swedish SDC Chapter member and is now being restored.

Michael Bostedt
                          Gavle, Sweden

Comment

Sounds like the car found a good home. Perhaps we will see pictures of it here one day? If you gentlemen in Sweden attend a Studebaker car show there, we would appreciate seeing pictures.

Autumn at Lake Barget
                            In the middle of Minnestudea
                            sigpic
                            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks Michael for letting me know where it ended up. I had visions of it still sitting on the docks, glad it is being restored. There wouldn't be too many Daytona Convertible's over there?
                              Regards Brian

Brian Greenall
                              Melbourne, OZ
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X