X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark vs Chevy Comparison

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Studebaker Diners Club

We can look back now and appreciate both cars. But I would imagine at the time that the Nova was seen as a much more modern car. The thin pillars give it that look too.

Comment

Yes, I'm afraid the Lark retained it's styling queues from the fifties all the way to '62 and a bit into '63. Something that's okay with me, as I really like that type of styling. The '64-66 Lark has a look of blending the styles of both the Ford and Chevy offerings. I never did go for the late sixties and after cars. They've gotten just too boxy, and all now too much the same soap-bubble look. They all look like... Mr. Bubble designed them.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

"Chevy II is an austerity car"... I love it! LH

whirling dervish of misinformation
        Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Another one to throw into the pot is the 62 Buick Special with the completely-new-for-62 aluminum V6 engine. Motor Trend called it the "dominant story of the season", and made it Car of the Year; and, apparently well-deserved.

The more I learn about the automotive scene in that period, the more I understand why Studebaker did not survive[V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Another one to throw into the pot is the 62 Buick Special with the completely-new-for-62 aluminum V6 engine. Motor Trend called it the "dominant story of the season", and made it Car of the Year; and, apparently well-deserved.

The more I learn about the automotive scene in that period, the more I understand why Studebaker did not survive[V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I agree with the 'austerity' comment about those first Chevy II's! The dashes are oh-so-basic. And no V8's available until '64, whatsoever!

In '63, the Lark really had more competitive bragging rights against the other compacts, with the Avanti V8's, disc brakes, and Powershift trans.

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1 (sold new by Cordell Motors, Moorhead, MN)
            '64 Daytona Hardtop (sold new by Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA)

Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
            X