63 Avanti R2 back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Avanti R2 back on the road

I have posted a few times over the past five months with my requests for help and advice. I want to thank Don S., Dave Tbo, Jon Meyer, Jim Turner and other for their profession rebuilding help and products. They were all instrumental in getting the car back on the road. Today was the day. She was last on the road 30 years ago, and has been a garage since the late 70s. It has taken five months of working to get her to this point. She ran great, and while we did not go that far (maybe ten miles), it was a great feeling of success and pride that we rescued her in time before she became a parts car; she was pretty close.

All my adventures are at http://forums.aaca.org/f190/avanti-r...269244-31.html If you go to the bottom of the last page I have posted three youtube videos of the drive, or you can do a search on johnfeser and find them under my name.

Again, thanks to everyone. We still have lots to do on the car, but getting her on the road was one of the major milestones. Now we get to work on the body and interior. Can hardly wait.

John in VA

1963 Avanti R2
    Marshall, VA
    John
    1963 Avanti R2
    Marshall, VA

I have been following the adventure on the AACA forum.Great thread. Congratulations!
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Glad that you find the potential in saving another Avanti rather than profit from parting out.Also nice you give credit to those who have helped and hope you enjoy your Avanti!Ed

Comment

I enjoyed watching your video,congratulations

Lenny
        Atlanta Ga.

Comment

GOOD SHOW!!

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Good job. Enjoy the car.

Comment

Congrats!

Dylan Wills
              [IMG][/IMG]
              '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)