Help-Blower Install location in 57 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-Blower Install location in 57 Silver Hawk

The Climatizer blower was in the trunk when we got the car. I repaired it but can't figure out
    where and how it mounts in the engine compartment. It has a large mounting assembly
    attached to the blower cage. None of the manuals help locate the mounting. Please send
    a photo of the installation in a 57 Silver Hawk.

...THANKS!!

...DIck Curtis
    The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

quote:Originally posted by starlightchamp

The Climatizer blower was in the trunk when we got the car. I repaired it but can't figure out
    where and how it mounts in the engine compartment. It has a large mounting assembly
    attached to the blower cage. None of the manuals help locate the mounting. Please send
    a photo of the installation in a 57 Silver Hawk.

...THANKS!!

...DIck Curtis
    Inside the passenger front fender wheel well.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Hi John,
      I don't understand.
      I would think inside the wheel well would expose the blower to all kinds of road grime etc. thrown up by the tire.
      Do you or anyone have a pic or sketch of the location ?
      ....Dick
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

If you have a Starlight Champ, take a look at it! All '47 to '60 Sedan types and '53 to '62 C & K bodies have the same setup, the right fender air door has to connect to the fan to connect to the under seat heater core, so there is no other way it could work! The fan is sealed, the motor is semi-sealed and many factory installed ones were covered with undercoating, so it has not been a major problem to have them fender well mounted.

Would it be better with a inner fender to protect it? Sure it would, and those WERE available for C & K models, may still be somewhere! [^]

You will find the three mounting holes just below the the hood surface of the right inner fender, the nuts go on top, bolts on the bottom.

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks, The car is a work in progress.

Santa Barbara
          CA

Comment

Engine nearly done. It was frozen and a real mess. Runs good now. Pic is about six
            months old . A filter has been added to the carb line and a chrome air cleaner.

Santa Barbara
            CA

Comment

Working...
            X