The 1950 New Studebaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1950 New Studebaker!

This is a commercial of the great 1950. A year before my car but what a beauty it is. I can't figure out where they got this video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dm-5Y3Pzfpw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dm-5Y3Pzfpw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1951 Commander Land cruiser

LA area dealers

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

The link in the first post doesn't work for me, but here is one that does.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

WOW! I am out the Door to my Los Angeles County Studebaker Dealer before they are gone!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Was Mad Man Muntz(sp?) one of the local dealers they were up against?
          1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
          1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
          1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
          1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
          1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
          1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

That commercial was not made early in the model year because the car is not an early 1950.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Excellent commercial but I have a quick question. Is it the 1950,51 Studes that were referred to as the “coming-or-going” cars or am I mistaken?
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                Excellent commercial but I have a quick question. Is it the 1950,51 Studes that were referred to as the “coming-or-going” cars or am I mistaken?
                The '50-'51 were referred to as bullet nose. The 1947-1949 five passenger coupes, later called the Starlight, is the model referred to as coming or going.

EDIT: I should clarify, 1949 five passenger coupes were Starlights, 1947-1948 were not.
                Last edited by studegary; 01-03-2018, 07:44 PM.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  The '50-'51 were referred to as bullet nose. The 1947-1949 five passenger coupes, later called the Starlight, is the model referred to as coming or going.
                  Thanks for the timely reply, studegary.
                  Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                    The link in the first post doesn't work for me, but here is one that does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-G06kElk_k
                    I wonder if this is the one RQ mentioned here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-TV-commercial

Craig

Comment

Wouldn't the '47-'49 sedans be also coming and going? Especially the four-door with those kinda sorta symmetrical kissing doors and that '40s two-pane split windshield on both ends?
                      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
                        Wouldn't the '47-'49 sedans be also coming and going? Especially the four-door with those kinda sorta symmetrical kissing doors and that '40s two-pane split windshield on both ends?
                        I can see your argument, but that is not the way that I remember it from the day (limited to the 5 passenger coupe with the wrap around rear window).
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I'll take your would for it since I was born yet back in that day. But I have had a couple of cases of people being confused my by '47 Champion 4 door and a couple more confused by my '51 Starlight over the past 40 years.

Comment

I was pretty young, but I remember people making the "coming or going" comment about my dad's 1950 Champion 4 door.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              I can see your argument, but that is not the way that I remember it from the day (limited to the 5 passenger coupe with the wrap around rear window).
                              Agree with Gary. Remember all the talk at that time.
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X