Studebaker centennial parade at Indy MS w/ racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker centennial parade at Indy MS w/ racing

I was watching a DVD of family films from a co-worker friend and when I got to this part I was thinking these trucks kind of look like Studebakers but I thou...

Neat video of a centennial parade held at the brickyard in 1952. Even shows some racing action![8D][]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    Chris Dresbach

Here's another one that was filmed in August 2001

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

I uploaded that film a while back Chris.
      I borrowed a dvd that a co-worker had that was full of his family's old movies.
      He was talking ahout some Studebaker trucks on his grandparent's farm being on there so I wanted to check it out.
      I was stunned when I realized it was really from the 52 Indy race.[:0]
      I also have some pictures from a cd I have to upload sometime of Studebakers that his relatives owned, I think Mount Greenwood Studebaker was nearby so that's probably where they bought them from.
      It might explain why they filmed the parade too since they had Studebakers.
      John V.

Comment

Love that old Indy film and your '52 as well Jim

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        1966 Daytona
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona

He was talking ahout some Studebaker trucks on his grandparent's farm being on there so I wanted to check it out.
          I also have some pictures from a cd I have to upload sometime of Studebakers that his relatives owned, I think Mount Greenwood Studebaker was nearby so that's probably where they bought them from.
          John V.
          Would like to see that.

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach

quote:Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona

John V.
            Would like to see that.

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
            I just posted those Studebaker Pictures and a couple of a really cool Allis Chalmers tractor they used.

John V.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Here's another one that was filmed in August 2001

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Really cool, Jimbo, I never knew about that story. Now I suppose that free autograph is out of the question[8D] We all agree it's a beauty, and something of an improvement when you got it:

Awesome story, too- read about it on Jim's site:

Click on "52 Commander" in the left column[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
              X