Things to take to York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to take to York

Would there be anyone at York who wants old water pump and master cylinder cores?
    Speaking of water pumps, I just changed out one for a friend and he had a new unit from T-bow.
    When the old one was removed, the difference in the impeller clearance was quite evident. T-bow's unit had around .080 from the rear flange to the rear of the impeller. The one I removed had around .014 clearance. We called Dave to make sure regarding the clearance issues and he explained everything very well. It should be around .080

As an aside, when I returned home, I pulled out my new 'spare' that was purchased many years ago and is taken on on roads trips for emergencies. It has the small clearance and will have to be adjusted.

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
    55 President State Sedan
    70 Avanti (R3)
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Uh......

There's some mix up here.

It should be .015 minus nuthin' plus .005 or .010. The closer to the back of the housing the better. If you could get it to .005, it would be ideal, but you gotta calculate crush of the gasket.

Someone help me with this....

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Comment

It can be confusing. This should clarify things....

The closer the impeller nose is, TO the rear opening in the water pump manifold, the better the flow

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
      55 President State Sedan
      70 Avanti (R3)
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I miss-understood your dimensioning, my mistake. When I set mine, I measured from the flange to the back of the cavitiy, and from the flange to the edge of the vanes. I set the difference to .015.

Here's a drawing I made based upon factory specs.

I never dimensioned the gap you measured....

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
        Tom Bredehoft
        '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
        '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
        ....On the road, again....
        '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
        All Indiana built cars

Comment

55Prez,
          I could use a water pump core. I just got a new one from Jon Myer and I didn't have a core to send back. I'll be there on Friday.

Comment

Working...
          X