53 Champion 2 dr hardtop trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Champion 2 dr hardtop trim

I have my production order. Serial # and engine # match. I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could find information on the trim #7909. Color is Coral Beige. I am trying to keep her as close to original as possible. Also, about the interior. It was an Airway Gray. I have been told that all back seats came with an armrest (Studebaker's Finest, also states that) in the center. So mine must have been changed out, because it does not have an armrest. Where can I find out more information on the interiors? Is there another book available? I do have Studebaker's Finest, a very informative book. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Judy

The 1953 Starliners had an unusual center armrest in the rear that had a storage compartment in it that most people don't know exists or how to open it.
    I would imagine that you will be able to locate a correct seat and center section/armrest from a rusted out car or a car that someone is customizing the interior of. Good luck!
    Try SI for a NOS rear center section. Of course, you will also need the seat that goes with it.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank you Gary.

Comment

7909 is the sales/ordering number for Airway Grey nylon. I don't think you'll see the number used anywhere else. In the book you mentioned, look at pages 118 through 131. On page 127 it mentions a kit to install the 1954 removeable center armrest (see page 152). Perhaps your car has this? Too bad that book doesn't have more color photos!

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Phantom has reproduced the Airway Grey cloth.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
          X