Interesting find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting find

I found this in the glove of my 64 Cruiser, I've had the car since Sept '09 and just started major work to it.

<center></center><center>Shane Kendrick</center><center>Kennewick, WA</center>

I wonder if E.J. Challinor had any idea that 45 years later his last paragraph ...

"The continuation of service and availability of parts is your assurance that your Studebaker can be maintained in good mechanical condition for many years. Because it is - and always has been - fine automotive transporation, I am confident you will continue to receive a full measure of value from your Studebaker."

... would still be absolutely true due to the devotion and dedication of the members of SDC and all of our outstanding vendors. Can any other orphaned make claim the devotion, loyality and 100% committment that is the life blood and strength of the SDC?

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Does anyone know when the Studebaker Parts Depots were discontinued/closed? Was it in the early or mid or late 1970's?

Autumn at Lake Barget
      In the middle of Minnestudea
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Does anyone know when the Studebaker Parts Depots were discontinued/closed? Was it in the early or mid or late 1970's?

Autumn at Lake Barget
        I read it somewhere that said October 1971. [8D]

<center></center><center>Shane Kendrick</center><center>Kennewick, WA</center>

Comment

I was getting ready to graduate from 8th grade when this letter came out. Thanks for posting it....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Autumn at Lake Barget
            Although Stude quit the parts business in the early 70s, they did ensure that existing dealers continued to be serviced as before. They sold the parts depot, including the building it was in, to Avanti Parts Corp, a newly formed company owned by the Newman and Altman families. Avanti Parts continued to operate the parts system in the same manner as Studebaker. Existing dealers continued to receive the same discounts on parts. Avanti Parts eventually sold out to Newman and Altman, known at the time as Standard Surplus.

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

SASCO was origionally located in the now gone Plant 8 until 1971. As it was previously stated, it was bought up by N/A and became the inventory Ed has today.
              Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

What about the sixteen other parts depots across the U.S. (like the one in Minneapolis for example)? Were those parts relocated back to South Bend by 1971?
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                X