Brand x package deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand x package deal

Sal and me are buying another Studebaker and the owner would like a package deal on a 54 Desoto Hemi 4 door. the car is not far from being a condition 3 car, but needs tires and some work from sitting. We'd be $1600 to $2000 in the Desoto but I don't know if there is a market.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Something like this model, John? Too bad it's not a 1955 model as they are far more attractive (just my opinion, of course).

Autumn at Lake Barget
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Sal and me are buying another Studebaker and the owner would like a package deal on a 54 Desoto Hemi 4 door. the car is not far from being a condition 3 car, but needs tires and some work from sitting. We'd be $1600 to $2000 in the Desoto but I don't know if there is a market.

JDP/Maryland
      If it were a 1955 or 56 people would want it for the body and the engine - the total package - those cars have always had a following. 1954? Those are not bodies that "inspire" passion. People would be buying it because of the engine - those bodies 1953-54. If it were a six cyl. it would be money down the drain, but with a Hemi a Mopar collector would take notice for under $3000.

Stu K

'63 Lark Regal, "Miss Rose"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Something like this model, John?

Autumn at Lake Barget
        In the middle of Minnestudea
        I think so, Sal is getting me pictures now. He claims the car is loaded with accessories.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Yeah, Thats the one. Doesn't look quite that good though.

sals54
          sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Yeah, Thats the one. Doesn't look quite that good though.

sals54
            Looks like this, poor baby. We "almost" would buy it just because it looks so sad sitting there.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Had a '53 wagon. Premium fuel, capable of very respectable mileage.

Comment

This '55 in N MN. has been on Craig's list off and on over the past 6mo at least. Wants $2k for it.

Cool looking car. If I had room and time, I'd get it driveable and use it for a summer DD as-is. Reminds me of a elderly neighbor in his 80s who had a similar red/black '55 chrysler in the late 70s he drove out to the fields (to check on how the farming was going) rather than his circa '69 chrysler. Dunno what happened to it after he passed.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I see value in the engine, assuming it is good, and the grille assembly, that is used in customs.
                  I would not want to be more than $1500 in it.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sal,

I have a friend in our street rod club that has and like Desotos. He has a wagon that he has driven all over the country, put over 250,000 mile on it. He might be interested, if you can email me a few details I will share them with him on Sunday.

Pat

Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Four letters. H.A.M.B.
                      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

The grille is worth $500, easy. The early non-Chrysler hemis are becoming attractive, too.

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Yea those hemis have a great market if you were to part it out and parts are very expensive for all mopars.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
                          1954 Champion Coupe
                          Lizella, GA
                          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                          Lizella, GA

Comment

What I know about Mopars is that the 1954 bodies like this one are about 85% BETTER than the '55 and on cars, which are absolute junk, poorly fitted and falling apart, which explains why so few are left and parts are so rare and expensive!!

The early cars (pre '55) had excellent quality bodies, and of course ALL Chrysler Products in the day, always had one of the best Engines! []

This one would make a dependable driver, would I buy a non-Studebaker? Not a chance!

StudeRich
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports

Yea those hemis have a great market if you were to part it out and parts are very expensive for all mopars.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
                              1954 Champion Coupe
                              Lizella, GA
                              The only reason I'd even think about buying this one is to play with it and try and make it a driver for a new owner. We just lost a few hundred trying to do the same with the 63 sedan that just sold on ebay for $1225, don't know if I can risk this one.
                              I never lose money with the flashy cars, but still feel sorry for the bread and butter cars.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X