1952 Bumpers needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Bumpers needed!

Wondering if anyone knows where I can find new bumpers for a 1952 Champion Sedan. I have found places that sell new bumpers for other years but not for a 1952. Any info would be great!!
    Thanks

Dan

Dan, do you have your old ones? Even damaged ones can be repaired and rechromed to look like new, probably for around the price of new ones. If not it wouldn't be too hard to find restorable cores- we can help you with that. Contact Jerry Forrester- he's one of our known replaters that has a good rep and knows Studebakers specifically. Let us know what you need!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Dick Lindsey has them in stock, too. Email sent.

Comment

Parts car here in SC that had both bumpers. Dont specifically remember the bumpers but the rest of the car was rough. I will have Tracy post pics soon. Steve

STOLEN Studebaker!Ventura County ad says contact
        Barry @ 805-218-3658

sigpic

Comment

Thats the only shot I have of the rear. This is in the stuff in Iva,SC from another forum post. Car is full of pine needles and leaves to the manifold under hood. Its little more than scrap price and a parts car at best. Guy seeemed reasonable enough to work with if anyone is interested. I will load the rest of the pics I took to P-Bucket and provide a link tommorrow. Good Luck, Steve

Barry @ 805-218-3658

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I do have the bumpers and they are in great shape but where I am located it will cost a fortune to rechrome them. They are gray powdercoated so I'm not sure if they would have to take all of that off first or if they could replate right over it..
            Thanks

Dan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mfd574

Thanks for the replies guys. I do have the bumpers and they are in great shape but where I am located it will cost a fortune to rechrome them. They are gray powdercoated so I'm not sure if they would have to take all of that off first or if they could replate right over it..
              Thanks

Dan

I think they have to be stripped first but the guy to ask is Jerry Forrester. He can and will do a first class job restoring them. Shipping is not as bad as one would think. Steve

Barry @ 805-218-3658

sigpic

Comment

How do I get in touch with Jerry Forrester.
                Thanks

Dan

Comment

Thanks

Dan

He posts here on the forum as JerryForrester. His number is 770-949-8942. Steve

Barry @ 805-218-3658

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Dan

He posts here on the forum as JerryForrester. His number is 770-949-8942. Steve

Barry @ 805-218-3658

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X